• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am so proud of Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
Today, I took him to church with me like I always do. He's a service dog, or service dog in training, depending on how you look at it, he's still being trained for the bus. He's doing great in the valley, short trips, but haven't felt confident enough to take him all the way downtown yet.
Well anyways. Everyone loves Sydney comes up and asks if they can pet him, with the exception of a few that don't think he belongs there or they just don't ask. I usually say yes.
In my eyes Church should be a comfortable place for him. And what is more comforting then being pet?
Well today, these kids asked if they coudl play with him (after service) so I said why not. I stayed with them to make sure everything went ok. First it was two boys. Then it was a little girl.
The lil girl was 5 yrs old. Really CUTE. Long light brown hair in braids. So She asks if she can walk him around. A dog in church is kind of a novelity idea for lil kid. So I said yes. Walked with her let her have control of the leash for the whole time.
He did GREAT with her almost better then he does with me. He didn't try to pull her at all.
Then When I finally asked for my dog back she gave him back no problem. They sat on the ground together and just sat side by side, syd started licking her face (oops lol) She loved it though.
I was so proud of him. I was kind of LEARY at first, just because I have never let a kid walk him that younge before. So I just did it anyways and he was a perfect gentleman.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that was great thanks for sharing

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
Thank you. He's so sweet. I love him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.