• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am so frustrated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Cool.:)

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Those babies are sooooo adorable (and look very healthy)! I never realized how big LCA are.

singermanlynne

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynne Singerman
There are 2 kinds of Lilac Crowns - the most common I have read is the Finsch which is a little bigger than the other that starts with an " S ". I guess this is the Finsch type. Do you all think this looks like it is going to be a very big bird?

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I *think* they are around the same size of the cape.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
There are 2 kinds of Lilac Crowns - the most common I have read is the Finsch which is a little bigger than the other that starts with an " S ". I guess this is the Finsch type. Do you all think this looks like it is going to be a very big bird?
The Sonora LCA (A. f. woodi) is not as common if I'm not mixing the two subspecies, and unlike other Amazons where there are also multiple subspecies, the two LCAs are almost the same size and nothing to be concerned about, I think. You're still looking at a bird between 300-350g range. The pics posted are so adorable I was dumbfounded staring at them and forgot to post! Go for it! :thumbsup:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Both of my LCA girls are about 340 grams. Smallest of the Amazons I have and definitely the sweetest :D I would say they are a bit shorter in length than my goffins, but not as chunky...

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Both of my LCA girls are about 340 grams. Smallest of the Amazons I have and definitely the sweetest :D I would say they are a bit shorter in length than my goffins, but not as chunky...
I agree with Jill. My LCA is the same way. I say go for it and feel free to ask us questions about LCA's. There are a few members with me, including me.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
Yea, as I had said through PM, Lynne, both are very similar in size to a Goffins, the Capes being large since they are bulky.

I remember when Ramona first came in, I was completely shocked at her size. I was expecting a senegal-ish sized bird and then I see this big ol' bird in the carrier. I actually had to buy a new cage since the cage I had set up for her was way too small lol. It's amazing how small they can look, and how big they really are. Especially with those giant noggins!

Status
Not open for further replies.