• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How wet does your parrot get during a shower/bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I make sure mine get their bodies under their feathers soake and they really LOVE this quality one on one time with me.
It took quite a while to accomplish this with them because they use to zip their feathers really really tight during shower time. :confused:

Today they get fluff their feathers up nicely and spread their wings so I can spray those pits as well.:p How about your parrots? After Emma's showers she almost looks like a different parrots. She looks extremely *dark*:p Guess that comes from all that powder washing away during the shower.:hehe:

How about you guys?

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Emmett does a great job preening his feathers so it can take a while in the shower to get him soaked, but he sure does love a good shower so he gets pretty wet! I love when he does the tail wag and open wings! :D
Olivia seems to get wet a lot faster, maybe because she's a baby? She enjoys a good shower as well just doesn't need as long in there to get wet. :lol:

Coco's Momma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Robin
For Coco, it differs from shower to shower. She bathes in the bathtub. First, is the routine of asking if she even wants to take a shower. She took one tonight, and got about 3/4 soaked to the skin. Sometimes she just wants a quick bath, other times she is soaked to the skin and still doesn't want to get out of the bathtub!:lol: After a shower she is just glow in the dark green! When she starts walking toward the back of the bathtub, out of the water stream, I know she's about done. Then I give her a little more time just in case. During shower time itself, she spreads her wings, runs back and forth through the water stream like a kid in a sprinkler, vocalizes, shakes her tail and has a grand time! She chooses less showers during the winter than in the summer, and if she doesn't want to shower, that's ok. I figure she knows best.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Emmett does a great job preening his feathers so it can take a while in the shower to get him soaked, but he sure does love a good shower so he gets pretty wet! I love when he does the tail wag and open wings! :D
Olivia seems to get wet a lot faster, maybe because she's a baby? She enjoys a good shower as well just doesn't need as long in there to get wet. :lol:
She gets wet quicker because she doesn't have the protective powder that Emmett has.:)

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Ahh that makes sense! :) Her downy feathers do look different than his for sure! And no dust when she shakes to resettle her feathers. Are all Pois "free" of this powder down?

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ahh that makes sense! :) Her downy feathers do look different than his for sure! And no dust when she shakes to resettle her feathers. Are all Pois "free" of this powder down?
YUP!:D

You'll notice alot less dust coming from Olivia vs.. Emmett:).

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Loofa is obsessed with baths. If he had a tub big enough to take a bath he'd be in there every day, but I too scared he'll slip so I don't allow it. He doesn't stop taking a bath until he's drenched :)

Niko seems to like taking baths in his SS water bowl, he dunks his little tush in it :p

all4stvoyager

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
It totally depends on Mister's mood. Some days he gets thoroughly soaked in about ten minutes in the bathtub. Other days I can leave him in there for 30 minutes and he's barely wet. And he doesn't have powder...

Status
Not open for further replies.