• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how to make hanging play gym from ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coral

Walking the driveway
Real Name
coral
So marty is barely ever in his cage he goes in there to eat drink and sleep thats about it. im running out of room to hang and put things on the top of his cage. i was wondering if any of you have ever hung things from the cieling for your bird and how you did it and what you used? hes a blue headed pionus so he doesnt weigh to much. :confused:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Oh there's all SORTS of things!

Atoms from Mother Plucking Bird Toys-http://www.motherpluckinbirdtoys.com/
I
have this gym from my safe bird store- Java Wood Double Tower Hanging Play Stand Small - HANGING PLAYGYMS by MY SAFE BIRD STOREhere's also climbing nets, jolly balls, boings. :D

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I did not hang one from the ceiling, but I did suspend one from the garden lattice I use to cover the window. I just hooked the playgym onto the lattice with screws and it worked fine.

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Ceiling?!? What's that?!? Oh, that thing above the bird stuff! Yup, our ceiling in the bird room is mostly covered. I have 2 get a grip nets, boings galore, ladders, toys...all kinda of things. I use the ceiling planter hanger thingys you get from Home Depot for the lighter things but for the Get a grip nets, my husband used stainless steel hooks that go directly into the stud because of the weight. You can really hang anything from the ceiling. They love it! If you have a bird safe tree in your yard, you can get a big branch (after properly disinfecting it) and hang it from the ceiling with stainless steel chain. I hang ladders the same way so it's more of a bridge then a ladder. Plastic chain (you can get it at Home Depot also) is great. I also bought a bunch of thick cotton rope from an online bird store and plan on stringing it across the room. The possibilities are endless :D

Karighan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Liz
I hang boings, willow play-wreaths, and all kind of things from my ceiling /and/ dead ceiling fan.

SANY0002.jpg

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I made something like this, but used dragon wood instead of the yucky dowels.
thumbnail.aspx.jpeg

brittneydee

Jogging around the block
I hung a climbing net, jolly ball, and homemade atom from the ceiling using stainless eye screws that I screwed into the ceiling studs. I ordered sisal rope, hardware, and a jolly ball from Jan at Blu's Bird Toys, and then made my own climbing net with zip ties. I used PVC pipe to keep him from climbing to the ceiling, and then decorated it with toys. He loves it, and spends most of his time on it. He uses every inch of it, and it has been well worth the money I invested. Here's an old picture of it. I rotate toys frequently but the overall layout is the same.
play area 2.jpg

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
These are older pics...back when we had 6 parrots in the sunroom.
Note that we used large diameter PVC pipe, over the chains, to prevent birds from reaching the bamboo covered ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.