• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HOw to get a Grey to Lay on one's arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pga7602

Jogging around the block
I always see this on Youtube or TV, but can't seem to figure out how? I attempted to flip Coral around, but she starts screaming and I stop. Is this a natural behavior of certain parrots but not others? Oh yah... Coral is an CAG.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
It takes a lot of trust to get a parrot to lay on its back and it depend on the bird for example it has taken 6 or seven years before Percy would do it and not every time and I would not attempt it with Little General by giving your bird a treat when you work with it and other possitive reinforcement you may be able to do it latter I would not do it if the bird screams :hug8:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Just depends on the birds.

My grey loves me to much, tries to regurgitate all the time and loves to lay and roll over in my arms.

Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt, as long as there is trust there though thats what matters :) Laying on your arms could definitely happen with time! Keep us posted!

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
Positive reinforcement and setting up small goals along the way.

Getting them comfortable with your hand across their back, then across their back holding their wings, then hanging upside down, then upside down with their back against something.

pga7602

Jogging around the block
I can roll him on the carpet, touch him on his back, but in midair he screams when I turn him over. Glad to know it's not a simple trick. I'll keep at it.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.