• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to enjoy a flighted bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
It's a shame- but safety is #1 and the thought of her getting hurt or flying out the door is just terrifying to me.

Of course, that would be a management issue, but accidents do happen!

I feel that clipping is what's best for now. Maybe we'll try again in the future; maybe we won't.
I am so happy to have gotten great advice from so many kind people here on flighted vs. clipped. Definitely a lot of interesting facts and opinions.

:)
Wow. like just wow. I too am confused why a bird that you were willing to give a chance to fly had that opportunity taken away after such a short period. For convenience. Not safety.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Wow. like just wow. I too am confused why a bird that you were willing to give a chance to fly had that opportunity taken away after such a short period. For convenience. Not safety.
This.

I'm Very confusing as to why you would make a thread about this and then a short time later, change your mind.

Last edited:

Jassa

Meeting neighbors
In your opinion, which I respect.

However, I personally feel it was for safety. I include convenience as a reason because after seeing what has been written on this topic- it seems it's several persons opinions that convenience is the only reason anyone would clip a bird.

This thread is going to the mods now before it gets out of hand (which I think is silly because I have great respect for YOUR choices).

:)

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thread closed at request of OP. She greatly appreciates everyone's opinion and may consider not clipping in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.