• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to become "chosen" by new bird

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Hi all,

I'm bringing home a 3 year old male Ekkie next week. We have a blue head pionus who loves my husband and has chosen him, although she is very handleable by me and tolerates me just fine when my husband isn't around. But I'm really, really hoping this ekkie becomes my guy. How can I increase the likelihood he chooses me, and not my husband? Lol. The ekkie right now has a female owner he has chosen so I'm hoping that increases my odds!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Honestly, I think it just happens. Birds choose who they want. However, I think they have an appreciation for the person that actually cares for them. So, if you're the person feeding them, playing with them, etc. they're going to see you as "friend" even if not bff.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I don’t believe there’s anything you can do to increase your chances of being the most preferred person.

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Ahh, too bad... watch this bird come home and fall completely in love with my husband, just like our Pi did... does my husband do anything to care for the bird and earn that love? Hell no! Hahahaha. Just being his irresistible self :xflove: