• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How Samantha came to the family

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Samantha is a 3 year old female black cat. I'm not sure what breed she is, but she is a long hair, she is black, she is a cat.
If it was up to me, we wouldn't have her, but my mother wanted to keep her. Here's why.
My grandfather was looking to get a cat again, he had one a long time ago. Samantha picked him, he adopted her in June 2016, and she became a part of the family. When he passed away a couple months later, my mom wanted to bring the cat home, so she came home. After 5 months of living in our house, she chose me as her favorite. She let's me pet her, she sleeps in my lap, she followed me everywhere, until the little dogs came and Chilly chose me, now she is jealous of the him. Why do the animals chose me out of all 8 people living in this house, it is always me.
Samantha is playful, more than I expected with a cat.
She does not get along with Orion, our "big bad lab" but she does get along with Willie, and she gets along with Chilly as long as she has my attention and not him.
She is not what I expected from a cat. I expect a cat to eat and sleep all day. She is awake most of the day, just a little cat nap after breakfast and dinner.

I have to get a photo off my laptop, so I'll post that after I post this.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I firmly believe that some cats were a dog in their previous life ...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
She's very pretty. :xflove: And so soft looking!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Lovely story, all those animals must feel your good bird aura!
She is beautiful too! I love her half long fur:heart:

Bagpipes

Walking the driveway
I've had different colors and types of cats in the past, but the two black cats that I had were the best lovers. I think because people stereotype them they know when they have a really good home with someone that loves them.
And I still miss them...:sorrow: