• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much does your pionus parrot enjoy scritches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sachi enjoys scritches very much. She would accept them all day long if she could.:)

[video=youtube;cIcC0VmCbKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcC0VmCbKs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
A lot! She'd get them just about all day long too. She also uses them as an avoidance tactic. Don't want to step up? Head goes down! lol

Sachi looks very sweet. :heart:

Lexii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexis
Sage doesn't enjoy them very much, yet.
But she is still adjusting, so maybe as she gets more comfortable/older she will enjoy them :)

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
It's B. Angel's favorite thing! She puts her head down everyone time I walk by her and calls me over to her cage to give her scritches:heart: She calls me over to her cage because she doesn't like to be held but expects me to stand by her and scritch her all day:rolleyes: I keep telling her if only she would sit on mommy she would get lots more scritches, but she doesn't listen:lol:
:heart:
A lot! She'd get them just about all day long too. She also uses them as an avoidance tactic. Don't want to step up? Head goes down! lol

B. Angel does this too:lol: If I want her to step up her head goes down for me to scritch:D

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Micky could have it all day long he likes his beek and side of face rubbed to he fell asleep on me last night almost fell of shoulder LOL, Mugsey only for a few scritches

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Sachi uses scritches as a negotiation tool. I'll step up once you give me a scritch.:D

Ailuo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Baby likes them, but only when she wants them. If she doesn't want to be touched, she will have none of it.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Unfortunately, Max doesn't seem to want scritches:( He let me do it a little this weekend though. But we have only been together for 6 weeks so I hope he grows to like it. It is all in his own time...

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Rowan's not a huge fan. He's usually too busy doing other things. :rolleyes: When he does allow me the honor, it's always short-lived. :p

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Andre loves scritches but only on his terms.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks guys. Very insightful.:)

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Unfortunately, Max doesn't seem to want scritches:( He let me do it a little this weekend though. But we have only been together for 6 weeks so I hope he grows to like it. It is all in his own time...
I am a beyond excited mama!!! Max allowed me to scritch him and when I stopped, he nodded his head asking for more! This is such a breakthrough for us. I have tried to scritch him and have respected his wishes when he didn't want to be touched. I am so so happy as our bonding develops:dance4:
:dance5::dancing:

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
I am a beyond excited mama!!! Max allowed me to scritch him and when I stopped, he nodded his head asking for more! This is such a breakthrough for us. I have tried to scritch him and have respected his wishes when he didn't want to be touched. I am so so happy as our bonding develops:dance4:
:dance5::dancing:
That is great to hear keep it uo max mom loves giving you scritchs

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Micky want's it all the time and none stop Mugsey and I are on "a ok ill alow it for now" status but I know he will want more as time goe's on.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Micky sounds like a cuddlebunny! You are right - my bet is on Mugsey coming around and begging for it..all in due time

KenDRAGON

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kendra
Pia is a scritches fiend. My boyfriend often says he expects her to purr like one of the cats the way she rubs her head all around. this is pretty much the only hands on time we get with her, though, so it's nice that she literally seems to accept scritches ANYTIME.

also, when we TRY to get her to step up, the head goes down here too haha wonder if its a pionus thing

Katelyn768

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katelyn
Peaches tolerates me touching her but hates every second of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.