• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How Many Of Your Conures Talk?

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I'm curious as to how many people have conures that speak, because google tells be they're not very chatty.
Spearmint knows at least 30 phrases and is very pronounced with them, he loves copying me, the environment, and whatever else.

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
I'm curious as to how many people have conures that speak, because google tells be they're not very chatty.
Spearmint knows at least 30 phrases and is very pronounced with them, he loves copying me, the environment, and whatever else.
Mine say three words so far. Pippy , Where's Pippy and Little B. Those are the names of two of my other birds.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nala would say What and What's that? And Zazu could say Step Up and she was working on her name when she passed.

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ana
My gold-capped’s first word was “stop”. I feel so bad that it’s his first word, but he is genuinely like a puppy on steroids and gets into all sorts of trouble so I’m telling him “stop” all the time. He loves to repeatedly say it, especially before bed.

stop stop stop

WillowNMurphy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Willow
Murphy speaks quite well although it isn't very clear to strangers. Anyone who has ever lived with him (mum, dad, husband, SIL) usually can understand what he's saying but sometimes I do have to translate lol, he's quite good with context too. I didn't expect for him to ever talk or anything, because google and a lot of people do say that they aren't very chatty birds.

He can say:
- Hewwo (not hello...hewwo)
- kisses/gimme kiss
- good baby/bird/boy/murpie
- stinky, sometimes stinky boy/bird
- (cuss word, because of course)
- mummy/daddy
- cassie (recently started saying this because i always say "guess who's home!! cassie/daddy" whenever someone comes home)
- murpie bird/murphy bird
- nanight (when its bedtime, usually preceded by "no")
- come out?
- do poopies (sometimes says "do poopie, come out?" cuz i always ask him if he needs to poopie before he comes out)
- come here (frequently followed by "come out?" when i go over to his cage)
- mmmmmmm (mostly followed by a slurp), its good (usually when i change his water and occasionally when he's just drinking, but sometimes he does it to his food?? at random intervals??)
- i love you (usually said when cuddling or when he's being naughty, because how can i stay mad if he says that to me??)
- hi baby (when i come home)
- peekaboo (in the morning when being uncovered, or when playing)
- beaky (usually mumbled when he is sleepy and/or is chewing on something)
- am i a good bird?/murpie good bird?
- no (when he's doing something naughty or i tell him its bedtime)
- baby bird
- huh?
- what?

he mumbles a lot after he's put to bed, so sometimes i hear what sound like potential new words.

he also makes various noises like slurping, smoke alarm battery noise, and "sings"

sushigirl didn't really talk, she mostly mimicked noises but she did know how to say peekaboo. she mostly made gasp noises (like "*gasp* PEEKABOO") and kisses, but we also didn't have her that long. she did start mimicking only after a month or two of having her, i do think she would've learnt more noises and words had she not passed.

WillowNMurphy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Willow
Mine do that too. Its funny.
do they have the conversations with themselves? i frequently hear him chatting to himself
"who's a good bird? murphy bird! *kiss noises*"
sometimes i hear
"stinky, no!*crying*"
they're quite amusing little birdies, i find

Rebel

do they have the conversations with themselves? i frequently hear him chatting to himself
"who's a good bird? murphy bird! *kiss noises*"
sometimes i hear
"stinky, no!*crying*"
they're quite amusing little birdies, i find
Best i can tell its just the one that mumbles during the night. Sometimes ill hear him mumbling the other birds names and then sometimes it sounds like whole sentences (in bird language). I agree, they are very amusing.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Rio used to say his name and give kisses. Now when he's left us, Inca the zon has picked up all his calls which always bring tears in my eyes.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Bug has, somehow, picked up saying “wow” like Owen Wilson. We have absolutely no idea how this happened. Maybe his previous home?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Remi and pip can both say peekaboo

remi can say other stuff but he mutters it and min he keeps saying remi to me can can definitely hear rem he as said tickle tickle but whispers it in my ear

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Bailey has quite a few words which he at times puts into a short sentence/question format.

hello
pretty bird
papa
mommy
puppy
whats up
what’s your problem
hello monkey
hello mommy
hello puppy
pretty bird papa
pretty papa
hey monkey, what’s your problem
give me a kiss
hey monkey, give me a kiss

and some murmurs that I have not figured out yet…

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Ta-dah became a talker at four years old; a surprise to me :)
She talks a lot every day
Some of her favorites
What's up little bird?
I love you !
Pretty bird / girl
Happy birthday girl ( she came up with this on her own out of the blue )
No ...she used to live to say no to everything!
Good birdies
Come here
hello
Burt the Bird ( her best buddy, who has passed , but she likes to rember her and talk about her )

LollyPopNY

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lois Stern
Murphy speaks quite well although it isn't very clear to strangers. Anyone who has ever lived with him (mum, dad, husband, SIL) usually can understand what he's saying but sometimes I do have to translate lol, he's quite good with context too. I didn't expect for him to ever talk or anything, because google and a lot of people do say that they aren't very chatty birds.

He can say:
- Hewwo (not hello...hewwo)
- kisses/gimme kiss
- good baby/bird/boy/murpie
- stinky, sometimes stinky boy/bird
- (cuss word, because of course)
- mummy/daddy
- cassie (recently started saying this because i always say "guess who's home!! cassie/daddy" whenever someone comes home)
- murpie bird/murphy bird
- nanight (when its bedtime, usually preceded by "no")
- come out?
- do poopies (sometimes says "do poopie, come out?" cuz i always ask him if he needs to poopie before he comes out)
- come here (frequently followed by "come out?" when i go over to his cage)
- mmmmmmm (mostly followed by a slurp), its good (usually when i change his water and occasionally when he's just drinking, but sometimes he does it to his food?? at random intervals??)
- i love you (usually said when cuddling or when he's being naughty, because how can i stay mad if he says that to me??)
- hi baby (when i come home)
- peekaboo (in the morning when being uncovered, or when playing)
- beaky (usually mumbled when he is sleepy and/or is chewing on something)
- am i a good bird?/murpie good bird?
- no (when he's doing something naughty or i tell him its bedtime)
- baby bird
- huh?
- what?

he mumbles a lot after he's put to bed, so sometimes i hear what sound like potential new words.

he also makes various noises like slurping, smoke alarm battery noise, and "sings"

sushigirl didn't really talk, she mostly mimicked noises but she did know how to say peekaboo. she mostly made gasp noises (like "*gasp* PEEKABOO") and kisses, but we also didn't have her that long. she did start mimicking only after a month or two of having her, i do think she would've learnt more noises and words had she not passed.
What type of conure does all that talking?