• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long should parrots be out of cage daily?

Taylor Zaugg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
Just curious to see how long you guys take your parrots out every day? I take Eddie out about 2 hours in split up times sense i do online school and my work is very flexible... i feel like i should be taking him out more he always wants to stay out of his cage. He has plenty of new toys in there he plays with too.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My cages are open from sunup to sundown :) If someone is home, the cages are open. That lets them decide how much out time they need. I think 2 hours is bare minimum.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
It’s going to vary so much. I’m blessed to be able to be home basically all day long so my girls are out from 8am to 8pm on most days.

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
The general answer is "However much time you can." I think it's very individual. My girls' cage is typically open around 6 hours a day, but they almost always put themselves up way before I do. But I know a lot of birds that would be out that full 6 hours and it still not be long enough. :shrug: