• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long for clipped wings to grow back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmeshref

Meeting neighbors
So I got koki while her wings were clipped. I am just wondering how long would it take for them to grow back so I can allow her to have some flying?

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mmeshref, with macaws it can take over a year.

mmeshref

Meeting neighbors
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for letting me know :)

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Depending on when Koki moults. It is a watch and wait situation, when the feathers on the wings fall and they will be replaced by new growth.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She is so cute.:)

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
My guys get done 4 times a year, roughly every 90 days. My Scarlett just got done 45 days ago and she is there already! My Too's are not ready, Grey is ready....I opt with every 90 days I get them done, the ones that get done. I have a mobile service that comes to my home and if she see's one is not ready she will skip over them. Periodically check them. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
My guys get done 4 times a year, roughly every 90 days. My Scarlett just got done 45 days ago and she is there already! My Too's are not ready, Grey is ready....I opt with every 90 days I get them done, the ones that get done. I have a mobile service that comes to my home and if she see's one is not ready she will skip over them. Periodically check them.
I have a mobile service too,but we just do toes.
:)You are saying your birds wing feathers grow in from clipped, every three to four months?

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
It can take a year or more. All Depends on many factors.

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
I have a mobile service too,but we just do toes. :)You are saying your birds wing feathers grow in from clipped, every three to four months?
Some, yes. That is why I keep her on a 90 day schedule. If wings do not need to be done she will do toes. My TAG was done 45 days ago and she is now fully flighted and Ozzy is also. Farfey is not. When Wilma flew off with clipped wings it woke me up to keep a close eye on all of them because as different as their personalities are so are their wings. :)

I am letting Bella and Peg become fully flighted. Buttons, not yet. Ozzy, ALWAYS clipped. Farfey, it all depends on her, she butchers her wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.