• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do your birds great you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
*greet
Westley makes a high pitched quack-like noise followed by a lower pitched one and gives kisses. :o:

Last edited:

Nargle

Walking the driveway
Skittles will lean forward on his perch and shake his wings, saying "Birdie! Birdie! Birdie!" if he's energetic. If he's calmer/sleepier or in the mood to snuggle, he'll say "Hi... Hi.... Hi... Hi Skittles... Hi..."

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
You have a talking green cheek? Cool! :) Wes doesn't talk, but he's only 4 months. How old is Skittles?

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Penny and Pru always do thier IRN squack out of pure excitement! LOL

Nargle

Walking the driveway
You have a talking green cheek? Cool! :) Wes doesn't talk, but he's only 4 months. How old is Skittles?
Yep! Skittles is a fairly good talker for a green cheek IMO. He is 5 years old. I can't recall exactly, but I think he started talking when he was around a year old.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Yep! Skittles is a fairly good talker for a green cheek IMO. He is 5 years old. I can't recall exactly, but I think he started talking when he was around a year old.
Yeah, I didn't think green cheeks were supposed to be very good talkers, so that's pretty impressive (I wouldn't think Skittles would be the easiest word to say). We're trying to teach Westley how to say his name to start. I'm also trying to teach it to our CAG, who is a good talker, and says all of our names. But she seems to think Wes is too unimportant to bother with. :lol:

Nargle

Walking the driveway
Yeah, I didn't think green cheeks were supposed to be very good talkers, so that's pretty impressive (I wouldn't think Skittles would be the easiest word to say). We're trying to teach Westley how to say his name to start. I'm also trying to teach it to our CAG, who is a good talker, and says all of our names. But she seems to think Wes is too unimportant to bother with. :lol:
I think the easiest word he says is "Hi," and "Skittles" is a little more challenging, so he says "Hi" all the time and saves up his "Skittles"s for when he's really trying hard! :hehe: He just chose his first word all on his own, though. We tried to get him to say different things, but he just decided that "Birdie" was his word, and it's still his favorite word today. Sometimes he says it clearly, other times not so much, and he will frequently scream it and it sounds like "URR-EE!!" :lol:

He also says several other words, like "Ouch!" and "What?" and "Woof!" and he's recently started saying "Step up" and "Hehehe!"

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Kiwi grabs the bars on the door of his cage and shakes them while alternating yelling and kissing. LOL

Cattoes7

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debi
When I walk in the door after being at work all day, Lizzy will say "hellllloooooooo baby" and put her beak through the bars of her cage for a kiss.

deee

Avenue Veteran
Zaz is very calm.. not real excitable untill I say *wanna step up?* he just sits and looks at me when I come or go :) Hes sweet tho :) even tho he only lets me pet his feet.

Erin1979

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Erin
Chester and Sunny will scream as loud as I think a Sun Conure can scream.. Chester quiets down right away and Sunny will continue until I greet him. Slim, our GCC, is a talker too. He says many words, but mainly when he is excited or angry. He is my husband's bird and hates me with a passion. I will greet him and he'll be lunging at me while saying "Hello, whatcha doin'"

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Chester and Sunny will scream as loud as I think a Sun Conure can scream.. Chester quiets down right away and Sunny will continue until I greet him. Slim, our GCC, is a talker too. He says many words, but mainly when he is excited or angry. He is my husband's bird and hates me with a passion. I will greet him and he'll be lunging at me while saying "Hello, whatcha doin'"
Huh, I thought GCC's weren't usually one person birds.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
When I get up in the morning, Mister always says "good morning." Chili greets me by coming out of her box (eggs) and asking to step up. My new tiel starts chirping and pacing when she first sees me, and doesn't seem to stop till I let her come out.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I think the easiest word he says is "Hi," and "Skittles" is a little more challenging, so he says "Hi" all the time and saves up his "Skittles"s for when he's really trying hard! :hehe: He just chose his first word all on his own, though. We tried to get him to say different things, but he just decided that "Birdie" was his word, and it's still his favorite word today. Sometimes he says it clearly, other times not so much, and he will frequently scream it and it sounds like "URR-EE!!" :lol:

He also says several other words, like "Ouch!" and "What?" and "Woof!" and he's recently started saying "Step up" and "Hehehe!"
Aww! :)
That's quite a vocabulary!

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
From Pepe I get: "ola amigo", "taco", "goodboy" and when I go out I get kisses :)
And I get beak crackles from Percy:heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ruby will coo or say 'Ohh" to me. :heart:

Crackaleen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
The minute he hears my keys in the lock, Buddy starts frantically doing his flock call whistle and paces. He only stops when I walk into the bedroom and let him out of his cage. Pixie has started picking up on his habits and now does some conure screeches while pacing, again until I walk in and open the cages. Then Buddy struts around on top of his cage and sings me a song about his day, while Pixie flops down onto the floor and follows me around until I pick her up.

Erin1979

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Erin
Huh, I thought GCC's weren't usually one person birds.
Ours is. When we first got him, he seemed to like everyone and was very friendly. After a few months he started to enjoy my husband more and eventually claimed him as his "flock". He protects my husband and even his area from us. No one else in our family can touch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.