• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how do you serve and store your "Just Tomatoes" brand fruits and veggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heirofslytherin123

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Gabby
I just bought some of the Just Tomatoes fruit's and veggies and i wanted to know how everyone else served or used them? how long do they last in the cage/food bowl?

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I have the strawberry and banana version. I noticed that after a day they go from being the hard puff into a soft stale thing. So I just give them 24hrs worth and toss the leftovers in the morning.

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
I was debating mixing all the fruits together in 1 bag and freezing for use as needed? or would it stay fresh at room temp? or should i keep all fruits in their own bags? decisions decisions!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
we just store them in a n air tight rubbermaid container..they stay good for ages.

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't freeze, too much moisture.

I store them in a zip loc in a cupboard. I mix into pellet and seed for when I'm not home.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I store them in air tight containers. I mix together my dry mix once a week for the CAGs and once a month for Zena. I mix the just veggies into the food then. The dry mix is also in an air tight container.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
what's in your dry mix?
Honestly, whatever I feel like putting in it each time. It's usually about 1/2 pellets, but there's usually about 3 different pellets. I order different things from Kathy each time I order and whatever I see the least of on the bottom of their cage, I continue buying. The rest of the mix has nuts, Goldenfeast mixes, Kathy mixes, other mixes, some dried fruits and veggies, sometimes I put in some hibiscus flowers. I think right now the pellets are roudybush, haggen tropical, harrison, golden obles, the baked things or some combination of those. I'll post a picture.

The CAG mix, has bigger stuff in it, also Patagonian nut mix for fats.
View attachment 115100

CAG mix and Zena mix side by side.
View attachment 115098

Zena's mix. It usually has more color, more dried fruits and veggies. This time I used a mix and only added pellets. Zena usually has Harrison pellets. This time I added Haggen tropical pellets. Sometimes I give her other pellets as well, including larger pellets for enrichment, but I usually give her the larger pellets a few at a time rather than mixing them in.
View attachment 115099

Last edited:

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
that looks so good :) so you mix the pellets and just tomatoes stuff into airtight containers? i guess i could also add a bag of dried Goji berries too huh? I like the way they taste tho so i shall hoard some for myself :lol:

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
that looks so good :) so you mix the pellets and just tomatoes stuff into airtight containers? i guess i could also add a bag of dried Goji berries too huh? I like the way they taste tho so i shall hoard some for myself :lol:
I've put goji berries in there too. Sometimes hibiscus flowers. I put in pretty much whatever comes to mind while I'm mixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.