• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How bad are lori's poop really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbit5153

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marsha
It all depends on how you look at it...it is easier to clean than that of other parrots. It does take extra measures to keep it under control. My black lory Storm...is particular where she goes most of the time. She will MOON WALK to the back of her cage while she is playing ...just to poop. She goes to the edge of the bed and poops on the floor rather than on the bed most of the time. She also will aim outside of the cage....Keeping something under the cage is a must!!! I use the big heavy plastic peices that offices use under chairs at the desk....it can be mopped and is very durable. He poop does change depending on what she has been eating...easiest to clean for me is when she has been eating posdered nectar....it wipes right up...even when dried...For me the worst part is the tiny pieces of fruit that get slung all over when she is eating. The fruit dries hard and sticky...really hard to clean...Most of all I just love my lory...and dont feel keeping her clean is harder than that of keeping another type of parrot clean....Hope this helps....Lories are great pets!!!

Butters Mom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Elise
I'll take Monkey off your hands! Have steam cleaner, will constantly be cleaning up liquid poop!:hehe:

Butters Mom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Elise
Derek- The Solution!
[h=2]
Switched to Nekton Lori- much less messy droppings![/h]
Due die ZuPreem's abrupt decision to stop manufacturing their Lori Nectar, I was forced to find a new nectar.
Butters did not like Goldenfeast Nectargold & she hated Roudybush Nectar.
But she loves the most expensive Lori nectar out there (of course!).
It took a day or so for her to accept the new food, but now she can't keep her brushy tongue out of it!

Now here's the best part-
Because Nekton is so nutritionally complete, the poops are water! Not sticky, not messy & it doesn't take hours to clean her cage (by clean I mean de-glue). Also, Butters' feathers are even more iridescent & her whole attitude is more laid back (that's a miracle!). Laid back lori-style means a gentler outlook- no reduction in energy, an increase in fact.

It's wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.