• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How ACTIVE and playful is your pionus parrot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Apparently Sachi Pi is very active when it comes to being a pionus parrot. A very skillful flyer who also likes to hang upside down on her ATOM and quite rambunctious with her toys. She goes through phases when she enjoys wood but most of the time she would rather shred her paper roll or knock around her stainless steel condiment bowls.:D She's also VERY good at cracking almond shells. One of her favourite pasttimes. Here's one of my favourite past videos of her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Jewel so far is active. She loves chewing on her toys & loves her oddball to pcs. She goes from cage to cage to cage. And she was clipped by the breeder. I hope to see her fly some day!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jewel so far is active. She loves chewing on her toys & loves her oddball to pcs. She goes from cage to cage to cage. And she was clipped by the breeder. I hope to see her fly some day!
Pionus parrots are very strong flyers. Sachi constantly amazes me with her aerial maneuvers. Jewel will definitely fly one day. Sachi was clipped twice in her life. Hopefully never again.:)

Boing

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lori
It's nice to see a Pi enjoying their toys!

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Pancho is definitely getting more active every day we have him. He never had toys for the first few years of his life, so they are very new to him. The climbing net is his favorite and he will climb and even hang a little bit to get to his favorite toy- the birdie bagels and bagel tubes. He loves shredding toys, but not really wood..yet. He does like a few foraging toys- the 3 drawers toy, and a few others. He loves apples and palm nuts, but nothing else yet! I was so happy when I found out he loves palm nuts. Never a shortage of those here! We went out and bought a few more palm trees to plant so we have more palm nuts for him. I also go door to door and ask for my neighbors palm nuts...lol...my husband thinks I am nuts!

Kmurph43

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kim
Lucy is pretty active. She loves to climb all over her cage and swing from a toy that I made...of course she doesn't swing on her swing, but perches next to it and chews the crap out of it...ha! She loves to be out on top too and play with any foot toy that I give.

falsk

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
"You look kind of mean right now!" :lol: Look at that evil eye! How dare you!

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
aww little sachi pi :heart: she looked not too thrilled that you were filming her... :p

odin is my best flyer of all my birds, i love watching her, she gets alot of enjoyment out of it :) loki loves his net! he plays on his net all day :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
aww little sachi pi :heart: she looked not too thrilled that you were filming her... :p

odin is my best flyer of all my birds, i love watching her, she gets alot of enjoyment out of it :) loki loves his net! he plays on his net all day :)
Pionus parrots are definitely skillful flyers in my opinion. How have Odin and Loki reacted to Scooter's presence?

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Pionus parrots are definitely skillful flyers in my opinion. How have Odin and Loki reacted to Scooter's presence?
Odin does not care, but loki actually flew to his cage and pigged out on his food yesterday! :eek: poor scooter. He is used to little birds in his space, my friend had flighted alexandrines in the same room. I acquired some sheets to hang up for a divider today. :) no chancing anything any more! I am very proud of loki though, when I first got him he was clipped severely, and dropped hard, now he has learned to get from a to b. No turning yet. ;)

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Kei is pretty active. Toady can be active, but is normally pretty lazy. :lol:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Angel is the definition of a perch potato, she very gently chews on a toy or two but no playing. She literally spent 4 hours today just sitting on top of her cage only moving to go down to eat, then back up top. She has lots of toys and things to do but chooses not to. Her previous owners said she was not a player either. She is 3 yrs old, I wonder if that will ever change

Status
Not open for further replies.