• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Housing canaries together

fluff86

Walking the driveway
He is nibbling some seeds now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. He is a young canary, maybe he wasn't ready for the big aviary yet.

fluff86

Walking the driveway
Just an update... the canary is doing much better today and he can fly again. I'm not going to put him back into the aviary as he is too vulnerable to injury and getting picked on by other birds. He wasn't very strong to begin with and I have decided that he would be better off with his own cage.

fluff86

Walking the driveway
Just a quick update on the canary... he is doing well now and back to looking well and singing.

Stormcatt

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hannah
Hello I am late to this but in general it is not a good idea to house males together. They will get along most of the year but during mating season, they have been known to kill each other.
Also if you put more than one male with a female they might kill her during breeding season.
I have had males in the same cage but I had a divider and during breeding season they fight through the bars.

For best results if you want singing, I suggest you have two males in seperate cages or with a divider and a female in another cage where they can see her or at least hear her. Then the males sing like crazy trying to compete for her attention.