1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormones are running rampant

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by FlyingMacaws, 11/17/18.

1. FlyingMacaws

FlyingMacaws Sprinting down the street

Naomi
    ughhhh. It’s that time of the year. Birdy hormones. Jealousy isn’t just with other birds but with anyone and everything at the moment. I couldn’t even read a book without Luna acting like a Crazed stalker. Can’t wait for things to calm down.

2. Revali

Revali Walking the driveway

Sorry to hear. I'm new to owning a bird and haven't encountered this but it sounds frustrating.

Dostc426 likes this.
  3. Dostc426

Dostc426 Walking the driveway Avenue Veteran

Chelsea Dostert
    My sun conure went through some crazy hormone changes that has lasted this past year! He just recently calmed the heck down and keeps them to a minimum! He was humping the paper lining at the bottom of his cage, regurgitating on everything I touched, crazy aggressive to my boyfriend, angsty ALL the time. He went to the vet several times to no avail in curbing his hormones. The vet went as far as calling us once a week to get an update on him! In the end, the solution ended up being giving him alone time in his daytime cage during the day without me there! :confused:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)