• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hissy Canada geese :)

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I visited the cemetery today to wish my late Mom a Happy Mother's Day. It's a beautiful setting with a pond and lots of ducks and geese. One pair of Canada geese had 6 babies, still scruffy little puffs running all over the place. When the babies saw me come down the path, they ran toward me! I took a quick picture. Well Mom and Dad were not happy with me at all. The babies were a few feet away from me and Mom and Dad were hissing like crazy and advancing toward me! Hey, I'm not chasing your babies, they are chasing me! You can bet I backed up. LOL

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
There's a place along the river here that people feed geese. I decided one day to approach a small group of them and feed them. All the sudden geese came from everywhere. It was a stampede! I jumped on top of a picnic table because I was being mobbed. Geese can be scary. LOL.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
LOL! Geese are nothing to fool with. One time I honked at a Canadian Goose who was getting too close to the road and he went after my car.