• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pretzel

Moving in
Real Name
Clara De La Guardia
Hi! I’m new to the website, I just wanted to make an account in case I had any questions about bird care. I have a yellow crowned Amazon parrot named Vuela Vuela (she’s named after the song) and my sister has two budgies. Vuela Vuela was bought as an impulse purchase by my mom and since then I’ve convinced her to do research and give her the best life possible. We’ve all been doing tons of research because we love our sweet little parrot but I would also like to get general opinions from people who are experienced with larger birds. Vuela Vuela is a year old and we’ve had her since she was small. Please leave any tips you would find useful! She is currently in the phase of trying new fruits and eating a mix of parrot formula, oats, pellets, and banana (I think) and she likes to eat nuts and peppers as treats. She has a large cage and we are currently getting her new natural wood perches to replace her dowel perches as well as buying toys for her from Bonka Bird toys. If you have any suggestions for good websites to buy bird toys and perches from, what fruits and nuts are best for her, and what types of toys to steer clear from, please let me know! I am very open to learning what to do to make my precious baby as happy and healthy as possible.

Attachments

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
You came to the right place! This is an amazing community and is here to support you. She looks like a sweet heart! If you haven't checked it out already, Amazon Avenue is a great place to get started. :joyful:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!