• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi from Wyoming

kathykeltsy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
kathy
My name is Kathy and I am here to find out all I can on Conures. I will be getting my baby, a Crimson Bellied Conure, in about a month. I have 2 budgies, Chrip and Pipsqueak, and 2 cockatiels, Kona and Mica. I only got the two tiels at Christmas, thanks to my sweet husband. The gal who I got my tiels from let me know she had these conures and since my tiels are so amazing, and sweet, and calm and tame (I could go on and on) I decided to go for it. That way the tiels and my conure can be babies together.

I am relatively new to birds. I had budgies when I was young but this was a long time ago and information was not really available. They never seemed to thrive and I would only have them for 2 or 3 years and then they would die. So I took a long break from birds until I had my first baby 35 years ago and we got another budgie who was very tame and a lot of fun. Tweety is no longer with us, but I always wanted birds. I never got the satisfaction from my other pets as I did that bird!

So anyway, fast forward, I'm a grandma now and I got my 2 budgies a couple of years ago. They were very wild so they just get to be my birds that I enjoy to watch, no touching. :)

I really wanted a parrot I could hold or have sit on my shoulder, so my hubby got me my 2 tiels and I have been obsessed with them since. And then I saw how pretty these conures were and made the plunge. But not a pair this time, just one.

I know they are a bit more complicated than a tiel or budgie but I feel up to it. I have a room dedicated to being a "bird room", so all my birds have time out of the cage. My budgies basically are out all day when I'm at work, but I put them back in their cage when it's "Tiel Time" as my girl budgie is a bully to them.

Any information I can get from you experts here will be appreciated. I would love to read about experiences from anyone who has a Crimson Belly conure. Thanks!

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
First, welcome to the forum! I have a GCC, probably a little different, but they are all known to have a lot of personality. I hope you learn all you can before they arrive and enjoy them when they get there. :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I would post questions in the conure section. Matt

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
welcome to AA. you came to a wonderful forum to learn about conures :D

JaJerzak

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jackie
Welcome! I LOVE conures! I only have the one bird in our family, and he is a Fiery Shoulder Conure. Crimson Bellied conures are sweet! Early congrats on the new baby bird. Look forward to hear more when you get him/her!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Welcome. •Crimsons are really nice birds and you will have the best time. •Sometimes the bigger birds are easier to handle than the littles. •You might be surprised.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

Sassyjaygrl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
I welcomed you on your other post, but your tiels sound amazing!

animallover

Jogging around the block
Kathy hi my name is Ron (animallover). I have a CBC (crimson bellied conure) also and like you I had to do a lot of asking questions and reading all I could on the internet about CBCs. I suggest you get on the internet and read all you can about them. They are absolutely sweet and wonderful little birds. They are about the size of a tiel or maybe just a little bigger. Mine is 5 months old and he is a ball of fun and a real charmer. You will enjoy yours for sure. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me a message and I will try to answer your questions. And welcome to the forum. There are a lot of very nice people here with lots of knowledge here and will be very willing to help you. Again welcome and good luck with your new baby. Keep us posted please. Thanks, Ron

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hello and welcome to Avian Avenue Kathy and family!:hug8:

kathykeltsy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
kathy
Thanks for the warm welcome. This site is so BIG! :) Can anyone direct me to the section on CBC? Or if there is not one, just for conures? If there is one? I have been reading about conures in general for months. I never get a pet without first researching them to death, but sometimes it's hard to know where to go.
Thanks!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.