• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hey

Is your GCC a loud birb???

• ya

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • nah

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Shanngapore

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jade
IMG_0043.jpg New birb mom here; this is Kiki the GCC and I.
He's loud loud birdy who sleeps at 8 pm on the daily, wakes promptly at 7 am and screams if you so much as cough when he's in hibernation mode. We're not exactly thriving in an apartment but we're making do.

Joined this forum to ask (non-googleable) questions... Bird gods please help us.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Welcome! Please ask any questions you have:) My black capped conure is loud.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to you and Kiki

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! Cute picture!

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Hi Jade! Welcome to the Avenue! :) Kiki is a cutie! :heart:

I have 3 cheekies. My pair, Honey and Presley, will have screech fests and can get pretty loud when they want to be. My other girl, Peatree, is much quieter. She will occasionally screech with the other two, or let out a screech or two if she wants something, but she mostly just grumbles and beeps. :xflove:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome I hope you enjoy your time here :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Temi's Tavern

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Temi
Kiki is so cute!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Kiki is cute. Does he scream throughout the day or just in the morning when he wakes up?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Shanngapore

Real Name
Jade
Thank you for all the kind replies! (Excuse my long reply post please ;;;; )

@TikiMyn : Your black-capped conure is gorgeous!! I've been looking into adopting one to keep Kiki company when I'm out of the house (and also for me to look at because they're just so lovely!) but I don't think my roommate would appreciate another bird if this one turns out to be a Kiki2.0...

@Brittany0208: Thank you! I'm having fun so far, the community is very welcoming and sweet. c:

@sunnysmom: Aww, thanks! I love your profile picture, what a cute and pretty bird!

@WeasleyLover: Ah, thank you! What a dream bunch you have there; three gorgeous birdies! I am so curious as to what a beep or grumble would sound like because Kiki does nothing but scream and say his name... He's picked up a habit of talking but aside from "Kiki" I don't really know what the other words he's saying are... I would love to get more conures for him but he's been rather aggressive to other humans so far and the last thing I would want would be to have to rehome the other bird after adopting them... Please let me know how you got your birds to bond so well!!

@Sarahmoluccan: Thank you! I am enjoying this site, it's got an amazing community.

@expressmailtome: Thank you! I love your username!

@Temi's Tavern: Aw, thanks so much! He's a little kid, just a year old.

@iamwhoiam : Thank you for the welcome! Kiki is so very cute... Probably why he gets away with so much... He screams his name (Ki- Kiii) in the morning to wake me up and play with him before my day starts. When I leave for the day I'm told he screetches when fire trucks/ambulances/police cars pass by our apartment (we're in the heart of the city where, unfortunately, there are lots of noises he can yell to...). He is always very excited when I come home and points while bobbing and screeching. His previous home clipped his flight feathers but they're growing back and ideally, I'd like him to be able to fly as he wishes. He's a smart bird and I do trust him with flying.
I really am trying to lessen the time he screams throughout the day though, as my roommate works at home and he's making it slightly difficult.

@Cynthia & Percy : Thank you! I love the cockatoo in your avatar, so pretty!!

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Welcome to AA............Lots of GCC people here I am sure you can get some help and advice. I was wondering how long Kiki has been home with you, wondering if she isn't still feeling out of sorts in her new home and wondering how young Kiki is. I know it can take a long time with some birds, especially if they come home as babies to adjust to their new surroundings, and build their trust in you. I'll bet she quiets down after she starts feeling safe and routines become predictable.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
@WeasleyLover: Ah, thank you! What a dream bunch you have there; three gorgeous birdies! I am so curious as to what a beep or grumble would sound like because Kiki does nothing but scream and say his name... He's picked up a habit of talking but aside from "Kiki" I don't really know what the other words he's saying are... I would love to get more conures for him but he's been rather aggressive to other humans so far and the last thing I would want would be to have to rehome the other bird after adopting them... Please let me know how you got your birds to bond so well!

Thank you! :) When I adopted Honey and Presley they were already a bonded pair, so I didn't have any part in that. Peatree is a single bird, she doesn't really hang out with them and they don't want to hang out with her. But I do think that Peatree is happy having some same species company in the room with her.

Shanngapore

Real Name
Jade
Welcome to AA............Lots of GCC people here I am sure you can get some help and advice. I was wondering how long Kiki has been home with you, wondering if she isn't still feeling out of sorts in her new home and wondering how young Kiki is. I know it can take a long time with some birds, especially if they come home as babies to adjust to their new surroundings, and build their trust in you. I'll bet she quiets down after she starts feeling safe and routines become predictable.
Thank you!
Kiki has been home with me for 11 days (and counting) now, he's less loud the past two days but everyone has been asking if he's gotten... chubbier?
I might make a post to ask about it soon because I hear a lot of conflicting advice about whether not to portion control conure food and I'm not sure what to do about it...