• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help

Jane Aldous

Checking out the neighborhood
My african grey chawl has suddenly stopped eating his favourite veggies he is picking at his seeds and has eaten a couple of grapes but only when I feed by hand, he appeared to be unwell a couple of days ago and did stop eating for a day, I put a heater near his cage covered his cage to keep him warm, I have also put probiotic in his water, he is drinking his poo seems fairly normal but he won't touch his carrots, baked potatoes in jacket which he normally loves, won't touch corn on the cob, I just wondered if anyone out there got any ideas thanks

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If he appeared unwell a few days ago and is now not wanting to eat, I think he to be safe he needs to see a vet. Do you have a vet you go to? If not, we can perhaps help you find one.

@ncGreyBirdLady ? @Greycloud ?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Has he been sneezing ...acting dull...sitting all puffed up ...I would really recommend you take him to a vet ..not eating is a sign of something going on :)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree and suggest a vet check. Many illnesses can cause loss of appetite. He could have a bacterial or yeast infection in his crop or intestines. Remember, when a bird shows signs of illness they usually have been ill prior to symptoms showing.

Last edited:

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
I just took boba to the vet saturday for similar symptoms. He's on 21 days of antibiotics and a special diet for 6 months. As soon as you see something, do something. Birds are really good at hiding sicknesses. I hope your baby is OK.
Best wishes! :)
Sam and boba