• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with posting please.

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
I am new at this and am having problems trying to figure out how to reply to messages I am receiving about my new Parrotlett. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hey @Miss Mary, how do you mean you are having problems replying to messages? Are they PM's or just responses to posts?

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
:rofl: @Shezbug she won't be able to reply to your message as she doesn't know how, that is the problem! This from the person who once stopped for a blind person with a cane and then waved them across the road. Yeah.
Miss Mary, the site was having problems yesterday, that might have been the reason. To reply to a message you scroll to the bottom of all the replies on the page and there is a box that says "write your reply" You do that, then hit the "post reply" button to send it.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
I am new at this and am having problems trying to figure out how to reply to messages I am receiving about my new Parrotlett. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
When you want to reply either scroll down until you see the reply box or if you want to include a “quote” look lower right hand side click on the second “qoute”. A box will open up with the quote. I always move my curser to the next line after the quote. Then where it say “post reply” blue button click on it when you are done typing. Hope this helps.

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Thank you all very much. I am a bit confused still on how to reply to individual comments. Am assuming when I hit ‘Post Reply’ the last person who commented will get my reply. Ok, here goes.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
When you hit 'post reply' it adds your message to the list of comments in the thread. If you want to let someone know you are answering them in particular you will hit the quote button in their comment and then their comment will appear in the post your comment area then you can add your answer under their quote...once you have their quote and your answer you hit post reply

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
When you want to reply either scroll down until you see the reply box or if you want to include a “quote” look lower right hand side click on the second “qoute”. A box will open up with the quote. I always move my curser to the next line after the quote. Then where it say “post reply” blue button click on it when you are done typing. Hope this helps.
I think I understand. I hit the second quote as you suggested. Hopefully you’ll get this.

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You can tag people by putting @ then their screen name but do not leave a gap between the @ symbol and their name. Like this @Miss Mary

This will alert them like you should have got an alert from me mentioning you. Hope this helps a bit.

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
When you hit 'post reply' it adds your message to the list of comments in the thread. If you want to let someone know you are answering them in particular you will hit the quote button in their comment and then their comment will appear in the post your comment area then you can add your answer under their quote...once you have their quote and your answer you hit post reply
Thank you so much. I think I understand it now.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@Miss Mary
All the methods above will be public messages on the site that everyone can read.
If you wish to speak privately with just one or a few people you can click on their square avatar picture on the left of posts and then click on "start a conversation"
You will need to have at least 25 posts before you can start a conversation.

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
@Miss Mary
All the methods above will be public messages on the site that everyone can read.
If you wish to speak privately with just one or a few people you can click on their square avatar picture on the left of posts and then click on "start a conversation"
You will need to have at least 25 posts before you can start a conversation.
Thank you. Happy New Year.