• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with leg band info

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Everyone might remember Elvis, the 20+ y/o conure that came into A Helping Wing recently.

I am birdie sitting him this weekend while his family is aware for the Labor Day weekend. Victoria noticed his leg band looks almost new, but it appears to be stainless steel, so looks can be deceiving. But in our curiosity, we started looking to see if we could find any info tracing his band... and so far no luck... so thought we would post here and see if anyone has any insight.

His band reads - HJV then a 'V' in a circle and then number 5085

At first we thought 85 would be the year of hatch, but that would make him 29, which is really really old for a green cheek. so we've run out of guesses and hope someone here might have seen a similar band code. We tihnk he might be a Howard Voren, so maybe we have that part figured out, but then what do the numbers represent? 2014-08-31 13.56.13.jpg 2014-08-31 13.55.53.jpg 2014-08-31 13.55.47.jpg

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light :) and here are a few pics of the boy... if you go back to the Exit 1 AHW from Rehome Highway, his original post is still there with the photos when the guy came in, so you can see, he is literally a new bird :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is Howard Voren's band. I do not believe that he uses the last two numbers to represent the year, but as part of the specific bird ID. Have you emailed him? If you want, he responds to posts on the Leg Band Number Yahoo group.

Matt

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
That is Howard Voren's band. I do not believe that he uses the last two numbers to represent the year, but as part of the specific bird ID. Have you emailed him? If you want, he responds to posts on the Leg Band Number Yahoo group.

Matt
Thanks for the group info, I did contact him on Facebook. But I might try the yahoo group too! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Did you find out anything on his band?

Daisy Douk

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, I thank you for your post. It has helped me with info about my bird. However, I can only guess since I don't have exact info from the breeder. It seems that Howard Voren passed away a couple years ago. Does anyone know if his family is still breeding the birds? Who would I ask about my bird's band?