• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with baby teil

Rob Wendover

Meeting neighbors
29EF8791-1416-42E3-882C-55650B7B151C.jpeg 00372CE7-8543-4CD0-AB20-D85A29B96158.jpeg Hi
My pair of Cockatiels decided to lay a couple of eggs and then at 17-18 days decided to stop sitting on them. One of the eggs was not firtileand one was. I took the eggs and put them in my homemade brooder and the egg hatched 2 days ago. I have been watching videos and reading to make sure all is good. I have experience with hand feeding Budgies but not teils.
As I was saying he/she is finishing up her second day. Eating well but seems small compared to the other ones that I see in videos. He is at 8 grams today and was 6 grams yesterday. I am including a few pictures. Any input on how he looks and how I am do is greatly appreciated. Good and negative is welcome if it helps him to thrive.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Eating well but seems small compared to the other ones that I see in videos.
Don't compare. As long as your baby is eating and gaining weigh everyday it will be good.
You are using a good brand of formula and is giving it tempered? And the baby are in a warm place too?

I'm very happy that you decided to try to rescue them. That is what a responsible owner do. Good luck! :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
As @Eloy said, keep baby warm, fed and dont compare,,,may be a slow beginner, may be a runt, which will grow fine under your care, your avian vet could guide you also...good luck with the little guy!!

Rob Wendover

Meeting neighbors
D603DE22-D9AA-408B-843C-E53B1050044B.png IThanks for the advice. He is doing great. 8 days old and is up to 38 grams. I swear he doubled in size over night. I will keep updating with plictures. By the way we name him Percy. Because of the way he has persevered thru the hell days from an abandoned 15 day old egg to a 8 day old beautiful little dinosaur. Love him to pieces. 611A5590-59A6-462B-94F6-EA4F478B477A.png

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He is a beautiful little little dinosaur!! Keep growing Percy!!:heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month