• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(HELP) Wallpapering: Non toxic pastes, the process, etc

jujuunat

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi! My mom is wallpapering my room, where my bird is, after I convinced her out of painting it. Idk anything about wallpapering other than what I’ve been researching, so I wanna be as safe as possible.

I’m planning on using this paste:

Since it supposedly has zero VOC:

But idk if I can even trust it. So here are my questions:
1. Has anybody used this product and knows if it’s safe? OR does anyone have any other recommendations or know anything?
2. Are there any other potentially dangerous things I should be aware of in the wallpapering process?
(From what I know it is: paste then apply, so I believe the paste is the only concern?)
3. In the case we use self-adhesive wallpaper, is this toxic? Are there any concerns to keep in mind?

I’m so worried about this so if you know ANYTHING, no matter how small pls help! And thank you so so much in advance.

Last edited:

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Hmm I’ve only ever painted around my birds and learned that zero VOCs doesn’t always mean absolute zero. What I do is take my birds to another house and stay with them for a week or longer. I also air out the room that was painted. I have never painted my birds room though.

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
I wallpapered the ceiling in my kitchen, there was hardly an odor if any at all. The wallpaper already had paste on it we just had to put it into water for a minute or two to activate it. Once it was dry we painted it white, its paintable wallpaper.

Do you have another place in your house that you can set up an air purifier and keep your bird(s) while the work is being done?