• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP This Indecisive Bird Owner (Bird Names)

What should my beautiful girl below be named?

• Chiku

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Ramona

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Matilda

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Lilith

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Billie Jean

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other (posted in my comment)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I like Lilith, with the idea that you can call her by her pet name Lily (and when she is in trouble, break out the full name, just like my parents used to do!) :D

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Awww Annie is such an adorable idea. I actually really like that, Nancy!

And to Jenn- yes, I practically live on those sites lol. Other than having birds I also keep just about every other animal lol. I would have run out of names a long time ago had I not been on those sites lol

I actually love Annie!

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
I like Lilith, with the idea that you can call her by her pet name Lily (and when she is in trouble, break out the full name, just like my parents used to do!) :D
Yea that's pretty much what I was thinking lol, but I think Annie might fit better. Ill have to do my old trick when I get home: ask the bird lol. Call her by the names and see which she responds the best to lol. She never responded to Ramona but when I called her Chiku, she made little chirps. So I think shell be my tiebreaker lol.

lzver

Real Name
Laura
I've always like the names Canon and Kodak for a bird. The way their eyes zoom in and out remind me of cameras :) The only bird we changed a name for was Jessie. My husband like Lucy so she stayed Lucy, Jessie's original name was Tucker (but that had to go because it is my husband's ex's maiden name) and Kylie was 2 1/2 when we got her and already knew her name so we kept it ... plus I like the name and it fits her.

If I were to get another bird that we were renaming I would probably use Canon.

Mrs. Trout

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rachel
I voted for Ramona before reading everyone's comments. I used to LOVE the Ramona books when I was younger, so that's why I voted that way. Annie is a really nice name though.

christypooh402

Walking the driveway
We renamed a macaw that we fostered. He came to us named Big Bird, and we all felt silly everytime we called him that. The kids decided he looked like a Jake, and whenever he would say "big bird", we would say "yes Jake, you are a big bird!" That one just worked out pretty easy! :D
And PeaJay and Murphey didn't even have names when we got them. They were both acquired from 2 different people. The people who had PeaJay had him for 3 years. Who has a pet that long and doesn't give them a name?:sad9:

Last edited:

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
I think she was meant to be a breeder. I was told her name was Zoe, but she didn't respond to it at all. It was like a foreign word to her. I also dont think she looks like a Zoe. So since she really didn't know any name I thi k she should adjust to a new one fine.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
And my decision...

is to go back to the original, Ramona.

It just seems to fit her the best. It was between Ramona and Lilith, but I think Ramona fits her better. Thanks guys!

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:) I like Ramona.

Status
Not open for further replies.