• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP This Indecisive Bird Owner (Bird Names)

What should my beautiful girl below be named?

• Chiku

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Ramona

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Matilda

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Lilith

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Billie Jean

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other (posted in my comment)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
Hey Avenue buddies!

So as many of you know, I became the proud mother of an almost 4 year old Uncape Parrot 10 days ago. Well, for some unknown reason, I am having a hard time choosing a name for her. Why? I have no clue. I think she has such a distinct personality nothing seems to stick with her. So here is where I ask you guys for some advice. What should I name her?! The poll on top is for names I picked out, but you are welcome to make suggestions to me. Currently, she is Chiku, but hasn't fully picked up on the name yet.

Here's some info on her to help you guys:
She is very timid but extremely gentle and hasnt yet even gone to nip at me. She loves to fly and has gorgeous wings. She is a bit of a trouble maker and seems to like to torment my G2, Dakota. When she is out of the cage playing, she loves to make lots of noise.

And here is a picture:

Thanks everyone for your help, I hate being so darn indecisive!

Fig

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chelsy
Ramona... Like Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World :D

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Ramona... Like Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World :D
Her original name was Ramona, and thats where I got it from. I felt it didn't suit her, but that was actually my sister's favorite name for her lol. I am leaning towards Matilda now.

It's funny, because I have never been so indecisive about naming ANY animal before in my life lol.

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
How about an Estrella to go with your Luna? Or a Lola?

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Her original name was Ramona, and thats where I got it from. I felt it didn't suit her, but that was actually my sister's favorite name for her lol. I am leaning towards Matilda now.

It's funny, because I have never been so indecisive about naming ANY animal before in my life lol.
I was like that with my newest dog (Petey). Eventually I just had to pick a name and stick with it. What helped me was that his breeder likes arabic names, so I chose his call name from that (his full name is Ashford's Boutros Al-Faiz [Boutros is the Arabic name for Peter]).
Is there something that she reminds you of? Or a theme you think is reminiscent of her? If you could narrow that down, then decide you will pick a name in the same category as that, it may help... :confused:

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Oh, oops--I just saw your poll. Lol. I like Lillith. I also like the names Lillis and Lorelle. They came from a series of books I read.

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
How about an Estrella to go with your Luna? Or a Lola?
The name Lola is indeed pretty for a cape, as a matter of fact, we've already got one on here, she belongs to Coco :p
:hug8:

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
I would use Lola but I already have a pet rat with that name :/.

The one thing that I see when I look at her that gives me a "theme" like idea is that her orange on her head looks like a crown. She is also very shy but is extremely happy-go-lucky and loves to yell in delight whenever she is happy. That's why I named her Chiku originally, because she is a big mouth. But for some reason I feel like I am calling the bird by the "wrong" name if that makes any sense lol.

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Maybe you need to just sit on it for a few more days. My fids' names all 'fit' when I thought of them--it clicked into place that those were the right names.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Thats probably what I will end up doing, I was hoping maybe someone on here could inspire me lol.

BTW, your Lark is GORGEOUS! I have been thinking of getting a linnie or two but right now I think I'm at a good amount :).

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Thats probably what I will end up doing, I was hoping maybe someone on here could inspire me lol.

BTW, your Lark is GORGEOUS! I have been thinking of getting a linnie or two but right now I think I'm at a good amount :).
Aaw, thank you. I think Linnies are such a great little bird. I actually just got two more dark greens (males) that I haven't even put in my signature yet. Their names are Aloysius and Argyle. :hehe:

Have you checked out baby name sites? They're a pretty good resource for finding good names--you can find them from any origin, Celtic, French, etc.

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
My first thought was Annie, as in Little Orphan Annie...adopted, sweet, somehow always in trouble??

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Awww Annie is such an adorable idea. I actually really like that, Nancy!

And to Jenn- yes, I practically live on those sites lol. Other than having birds I also keep just about every other animal lol. I would have run out of names a long time ago had I not been on those sites lol

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
What about Lily? :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Ramona! :dance4:

christypooh402

Walking the driveway
We just named our new budgie Matilda! So I guess out of your list, that's the one I like the best! :hehe: She's so adorable! Good luck picking one!

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Awww Annie is such an adorable idea. I actually really like that, Nancy!

And to Jenn- yes, I practically live on those sites lol. Other than having birds I also keep just about every other animal lol. I would have run out of names a long time ago had I not been on those sites lol
I was thinking about that too and immediately thought of Anne Boleyn. Might go along with your thoughts of the orange "crown," and the idea that Anne Boleyn was a bit outspoken ;)

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
I like Annie a lot, Lilly as well. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Alice
Grace
Haleigh
Hannah
Sadie
Tori
Ursula

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Wow you guys all have such great ideas. Annie is definitely growing on me, and Lily is adorable too. Of course, her original names are still in my head, so this is hard! I also like that Lily can be a nickname for Lilith. I will probably decide by the end of the night, but right now my runners are Chiku, Ramona, Lily, Annie, and Matilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.