• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP!!!!! SUN and GREEN. BABIES SOON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I agree you are doing what is best for the species and all the other homeless birds. Hybrids are not always the healthiest birds either.

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
The first thing I got when I looked on google and the only thing I could even find when I looked (thanks for the other pictures btw Monica, I couldn't find anything!) was someone wanting names / introducing their baby to a bird forum. It WAS pretty cute but then when you scroll down and read her signature, you notice the baby didn't live long because of the hybridization. I can't seem to find many people with updates on these guys except this one. Very sad.
Baby Suncheek Conure - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community
Lily(green cheek/sun conure hybrid) RIP March 30,2012-September 10, 2012. Sweetest little baby ever, such a tragic loss for me. She died of a rare cancer because of the fact she was a hybrid of two totally different birds.

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I am glad Bird Bird is healthy..but the Senegal and Meyer are both Poicephalus..maybe that is why..:confused:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The first thing I got when I looked on google and the only thing I could even find when I looked (thanks for the other pictures btw Monica, I couldn't find anything!) was someone wanting names / introducing their baby to a bird forum. It WAS pretty cute but then when you scroll down and read her signature, you notice the baby didn't live long because of the hybridization. I can't seem to find many people with updates on these guys except this one. Very sad.
Baby Suncheek Conure - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

Seen that one. I've also seen a picture of two in a bird store as well as one that came out of an aviary of two green cheek conures and a sun conure. The pet store ones I might be able to find the photo of again, but the ones in the aviary would be a bit more difficult... I know where they are at, but the images have "disappeared" due to a forum update.

Coda is one of the hybrids I was able to get some older pictures of, but still a relatively young bird. The other 'older' birds I know of are here...
Pineapple GCC & Sun hybrid

Or the Facebook albums for them
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.225997934101669.64456.100000743928600&type=3&l=0775f2eeb3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320460737988721.82435.100000743928600&type=3

I'm interesting in learning about any kind of hybrid out there that isn't well known, and, if possible, adding them to the gallery that I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.