• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help Me Please!!

Axie Atienza

Meeting neighbors
Alright. Thanks a lot everyone, you guys helped a lot :’) I’ll just make sure that two of my little birbs will be safe. I’ll leave both of my birds inside when I’m gone for school and when I’m back home I’ll let them hangout at the garden. I’ll definitely keep them safe from predators too. Thanks so much everyone.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
It's nothing. Just be careful! I can't leave my window open when I'm gone anymore. Some sort of animal messed up a portion of my screen trying to get inside. I know it wasn't my birds, as whatever it was pulled towards the outside.
Hi Garet, I am no expert but you statement of "pulled towards the outside" got me wondering. It seems an animal would push out, not pull in. How would an outdoor predictor pull out a screen? was it evident from the edges?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Holy cow! Do you live in the city or out in the country? That's pretty scary. I live in a city with a small fenced in back yard. I'm sorry that happened.
I'm in the city. It's basically a middle class neighborhood smack between downtown and the industrial area. Even still, we get a lot of animals in the area. You'd be surprised who lives in your backyard!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Hi Garet, I am no expert but you statement of "pulled towards the outside" got me wondering. It seems an animal would push out, not pull in. How would an outdoor predictor pull out a screen? was it evident from the edges?
I'll take a pic when I get home. The screen is basically on a frame. It tore a portion of the mesh and pulled. It's still bulging out a little. I'm thinking it was a raccoon tbh. We have a family in the area. I'm well above ground level, but I have a lilac tree outside my window. Too scrawny for a person, but I've seen cats and the likes in it.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'll take a pic when I get home. The screen is basically on a frame. It tore a portion of the mesh and pulled. It's still bulging out a little. I'm thinking it was a raccoon tbh. We have a family in the area. I'm well above ground level, but I have a lilac tree outside my window. Too scrawny for a person, but I've seen cats and the likes in it.
Ahh, I get it. Certainly a raccoon could do that! thanks for the info.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Ahh, I get it. Certainly a raccoon could do that! thanks for the info.
Not a problem. My dogs did damage some screens in the house, mind you, but this looks entirely different. They paw at the front windows and do a lot of damage accidentally. This is way too neat and happened sometime during the evening while the birds were in bed and I was out with the pups. I'm thinking my mom may have scared whatever it was off, as she was in her room, which faces mine.

Axie Atienza

Meeting neighbors
Hey Everyone. Quick update, Froyo slept fine but she was inside her food bowl on the ground. She’s unable to fly because she’s too weak. I’m a bit more worried about her now, it’s almost like each day she’s getting weaker and weaker. Fruity’s trying to warm her up by leaning on her while they sleep. We’re going to have to wait a little while until we get to the vet because it opens at 10. Right now it’s 8AM. Thanks everyone.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
So sorry but very likely the 2 hrs would not have helped her even if you got her to the vet. Hopefully Fruity will be OK.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I just saw your other post. I’m so very sorry.:sorrow:

Last edited: