1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help Me Please!!

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Axie Atienza, 5/24/18.

1. Axie Atienza

Axie Atienza Meeting neighbors

Alright. Thanks a lot everyone, you guys helped a lot :’) I’ll just make sure that two of my little birbs will be safe. I’ll leave both of my birds inside when I’m gone for school and when I’m back home I’ll let them hangout at the garden. I’ll definitely keep them safe from predators too. Thanks so much everyone.

faislaq, Tiel Feathers and hrafn like this.
  2. Sweet Louise

Sweet Louise Rollerblading along the road

Pat
    Hi Garet, I am no expert but you statement of "pulled towards the outside" got me wondering. It seems an animal would push out, not pull in. How would an outdoor predictor pull out a screen? was it evident from the edges?

Axie Atienza likes this.
  3. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    I'm in the city. It's basically a middle class neighborhood smack between downtown and the industrial area. Even still, we get a lot of animals in the area. You'd be surprised who lives in your backyard!

Shezbug and Axie Atienza like this.
  4. Garet

Garet
    I'll take a pic when I get home. The screen is basically on a frame. It tore a portion of the mesh and pulled. It's still bulging out a little. I'm thinking it was a raccoon tbh. We have a family in the area. I'm well above ground level, but I have a lilac tree outside my window. Too scrawny for a person, but I've seen cats and the likes in it.

faislaq and TikiMyn like this.
  5. Sweet Louise

Sweet Louise Rollerblading along the road

Pat
    Ahh, I get it. Certainly a raccoon could do that! thanks for the info.

6. Garet

Garet
    Not a problem. My dogs did damage some screens in the house, mind you, but this looks entirely different. They paw at the front windows and do a lot of damage accidentally. This is way too neat and happened sometime during the evening while the birds were in bed and I was out with the pups. I'm thinking my mom may have scared whatever it was off, as she was in her room, which faces mine.

7. Garet

Garet
    faislaq likes this.
  8. Axie Atienza

Axie Atienza Meeting neighbors

Hey Everyone. Quick update, Froyo slept fine but she was inside her food bowl on the ground. She’s unable to fly because she’s too weak. I’m a bit more worried about her now, it’s almost like each day she’s getting weaker and weaker. Fruity’s trying to warm her up by leaning on her while they sleep. We’re going to have to wait a little while until we get to the vet because it opens at 10. Right now it’s 8AM. Thanks everyone.

9. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

So sorry but very likely the 2 hrs would not have helped her even if you got her to the vet. Hopefully Fruity will be OK.

Axie Atienza likes this.
  10. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    I just saw your other post. I’m so very sorry.:sorrow:

Last edited: 5/24/18
    Axie Atienza likes this.
Tags:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)