• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help Me Figure Out What To Use?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
So..I am trying very hard to rearrange my office and keep Pico's crazy mess at a minimum. I think we may have discussed this a long time ago, but I never did anything about it except put a laminated poster on the wall. What I need is something to put under Pico's cage. something that will extend outwatrd from the cage a bit, and still go all the way to the wall. The cage is on carpet, unfortunately. If it were up to me I would rip it out. :wtf:
But anyway...what do you think would work best, or what have you used? I want something tougher than just plastic like the painter's stuff.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I can post pics later of his cage and it's location. ;)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I also need to figure out how to teach him to stop purposely coming over and pooping on my desk and paperwork!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I have thought of the desk thingys. I think you can get them online cheaper somewhere. I believe I even had a website up for awhile and was adding them to a cart to see how much a few of them would cost, and it wasn't too bad.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
have you considered buying a bit of laminate flooring and simply laying it on top of the carpet? you can get nearly any design/color and cut it to the shape you need. if its small enough it may be considered a 'scrap' and you can get it for reduced price from a flooring company.

hmmm poo off the paperwork?? yeah :rolleyes: best of luck there! :lol:

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Before I got a chair mat, I went to Joann's and got clear vinyl cut in the length I wanted. With this you could get a long piece and even go up the wall with it.

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I have flooring I don't know what it is called sorry, that is not meant to be glued down. This flooring is just cut to the rooms size and laid down over whatever flooring is already there. I have done my kitchen and bathroom with it and it is lovely stuff. It would be great over a carpet and under a cage and would be able to be removed later without any problem. Sorry about your paperwork but I too am lost on that front as well.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you for all the ideas.
Here are some pics. Sorry for the mess...that is my next chore today.:mop:
After a glass of red wine that is..:bridgette1:
I will probably get the same for under Yuna's cage too..whatever I decide to try.

Noob

Walking the driveway
Real Name
R.R.A.&C.L.A.
i sacrificed my chair mats more than once for this purpose, they seem to work well and come in many sizes. most are 30$ or more tho, good large one prob be double that. they work great tho. wish i had one under my desk chair

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
We use 2mil plastic sheeting. Make sure you get a contractor sized box of it if you go this route. 10'x100' of stuff in a box for ~$25 vs. 10'x10' in a plastic bag for $5.99. We go through 5.5' of it per cage clean, we attach it to the top/rear of the cage then pull it under and out.

Amazon.com: POLY AMERICA R210-100C 10-Feet X 100-Feet 2 Mil Clear Poly Film: Home Improvement

I have as well :)

Right now I'm using 6 x 9 tarps. $3 each at Menards. The cat doesn't scratch them up as fast.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
i, also, usually get the 2 mil in the large boxes at Lowes. but last time i bought some i went to Harbor Freight. they had the <thinking> 4mil or 6 mil (cant remember which, and i threw the box away after ollie... u h... aerated it) but i had a 'super coupon' for 25% off, ended up getting the thicker one for about $8 less than the 2 mil and it DOES last longer in the high traffic areas. i seriously am ALL ABOUT that stuff. when ya do the math, even the dollar store shower curtains cant come close in cost.

H110hawk

Moving in
It's made to be disposable. Literally for contractors to use once and toss.

Also if you ever go to Harbor Freight without a 25-50% off coupon you're doing it wrong. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks for the great ideas!! :cool: