• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video HELP!! Is This Chick Shivering?

ConureMum

Moving in
I'm being told that my chick is shivering, but the gauge says it's at a good temperature, the chick is not wet/moist, and it's in a small closet so there shouldn't be a draft... What's this shaky movement about?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
That doesn't look particularly like shivering to me, more like it's just trying to move around. How long did this movement last? If it came and went you're fine, just a little exercise. If he kept it up for an hour or more, then it might be shivering. But that's unlikely given the temperature.

ConureMum

Moving in
That doesn't look particularly like shivering to me, more like it's just trying to move around. How long did this movement last? If it came and went you're fine, just a little exercise. If he kept it up for an hour or more, then it might be shivering. But that's unlikely given the temperature.
It’s an almost constant thing

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
It’s an almost constant thing
At this age they should be sleeping about 90% of the time, so this is an issue. I'd recommend raising the temperature slightly and closely monitoring his reaction.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
If you plan on raising more chicks, I'd highly recommend getting a professional brooder. Brinsea makes a small affordable one that works really well.