• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello! :)

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Hi! My name is Laura and I live in PA. I grew up with parrots, but haven’t lived with any since going to college as they all stayed with my dad. My husband is not a fan of the noise involved with birds, but we live on a farm so have chickens which have *kind of* satisfied my birdie love. We are hoping to start renovating our basement soon, and I am HOPING to convince the hubby to build me a walk in aviary in the one nook for small quiet species, but even if that doesn’t happen I am set on having some little guys again because I miss the chatter :heart:

Since poultry is not an issue, I ordered some Button Quail eggs to try to ease dear hubs into the house bird idea! I will make a thread when the eggs arrive and keep you all posted on the incubation process! Wish me luck LOL!! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! I live in PA too. Yes, please share quail pictures. Quail are really adorable.

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Thank you! I will for sure! I ordered 12 + extras so hoping to get a few pairs at least! I already bought so much stuff to set up cages...my husband thinks I am crazy haha!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thank you! I will for sure! I ordered 12 + extras so hoping to get a few pairs at least! I already bought so much stuff to set up cages...my husband thinks I am crazy haha!
My parents live in a small town in PA and about 5 years ago someone either let their flock of quail out or they got loose and they would run through my parents' yard and down the street. They were so adorable.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the forum Laura :)

Quail are just the cutest! I can´t wait to see your thread! I´ll keep an eye peeled ;)

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Thank you! Your Lovebirds are adorable!!! :xflove: There is a store that sells hand fed birds that is like 2 mins from my house and they always have baby lovebirds and it is SOOOOOO hard not to buy them all! I pretty much avoid the store completely and drive further to Petsmart or Petco JUST to not peak in the bird room haha!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Welcome to you Laura! @IttyBittyBirds I can't wait to hear about the new quail. :hello1::welcome2:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yay! Welcome to the group! Button Quail are so cute!

I can't wait to see how your eggs go :)

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Welcome to the forum..........love the little Button Quail. I used to have Bantam chickens........loved raising them.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue! :)

Can't wait to hear more about Quail...I know so little about them...

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Thanks so much everyone!

Well things escalated VERY quickly! I posted on FB about being excited to hatch the quail, and missing my birds, and a friend of mine who is of failing health offered me her Senegal Parrot! He is a year old and my husband actually agreed to it! I am in shock!! So I am cage shopping now since he is in a double high that she needs too keep for her ring neck (who I was also offered, but don’t feel comfortable with two and the noise factor).

I am totally in shock, and full of excitement and a little bit of anxiety, but I guess I will be posting all about it in the Poi forum! I will still be posting the quail too! Eeekkk!!! LOL

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. Congratulations on getting the Senegal.

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Thanks! I wont be able to pick him up until I get a cage and have everything set up so probably not this, but next weekend as she lives a few hours away. I am so nervous but excited!!!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Welcome Aboard! So glad you're here!