• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello From NJ

Mikey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mikey
Hi! My name is Mikey and I live in New Jersey :).

I have a lutino pearl pied cinnamon cockatiel who turned 2 August 27th. She is a sweetheart (to me anyway. LOL) let me find some pictures of her to post.

This is her on her birthday.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Welcome Mikey! She is beautiful...I just adore Cockatiels! Where in Jersey are you from...I am in south Jersey :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome she is STUNNING!!

Mikey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mikey
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! :D I'll post a picture of her entire cage when I am home from school. It's pretty big! :)
How would I remove the poop from the bottom grate? I would guess I think it's called doo dissolver and a somewhat rough sponge?

It has been a rough journey with her. When I first got her, she had numerous night frights and I woke up to her screaming and bleeding. It was so bad one day, that I stayed home from school to make sure she was okay and everything. I recently tried cutting her nails, but somehow, she hurt her wing and it was bleeding a little. It stopped after like 5 minutes and it wasn't much blood at all. I only cut maybe 4 nails. It was really scary! I still don't really know how to cut her nais, only her wings.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Glad you made the trip over Mikey. Welcome to Avian Avenue! :hug8: Is there a way someone who is experienced could show you a time or two? You don't even have to take your bird, just go somewhere that they do clip them, ask and watch. It is not easy to hold a bird and clip at the same time. Having someone hold her for you would help. Have something handy in case it bleeds, like cornstarch or flour. There is a good product some people like too.Maybe someone else knows the name? Do not use Kwik Stop.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcomesign:

Mikey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mikey
Glad you made the trip over Mikey. Welcome to Avian Avenue! :hug8: Is there a way someone who is experienced could show you a time or two? You don't even have to take your bird, just go somewhere that they do clip them, ask and watch. It is not easy to hold a bird and clip at the same time. Having someone hold her for you would help. Have something handy in case it bleeds, like cornstarch or flour. There is a good product some people like too.Maybe someone else knows the name? Do not use Kwik Stop.
Hi Carole! And I have watched and I see how to do it, I just can't hold her without her squirming. She screams and bites. It doesn't really hurt, but it's very nerve racking. I tried toweling her, but she hurt herself somehow.

I just read recently when her wing was bleeding to use flour :)
Does anyone know of a way to help with the screaming? If she isn't on me, she screams non stop. I have a radio on for her too. She is mostly free to go in and out of her cage. I was thinking maybe another bird could help with her screaming and could keep her company when I can't?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
How about starting a thread in the cockatiel forum with the questions you have. Maybe some experienced 'tiel people may have some ideas. Can mom or dad help hold her for you? There are some members who can also show you the proper way to towel and hold a bird, or maybe where you went could show you.

Mikey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mikey
How about starting a thread in the cockatiel forum with the questions you have. Maybe some experienced 'tiel people may have some ideas. Can mom or dad help hold her for you? There are some members who can also show you the proper way to towel and hold a bird, or maybe where you went could show you.
I'll start one :). I think I could towel her myself if I knew how to do it properly. If not, my mom can did finitely help me.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I meant to say, she is very beautiful! :heart: What is her name?

Kay_belle_12

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Welcome to the Avenue!