• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from Charlie & Maximus

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
It has been a couple of years since I have been on Pionus Pointe. I hope everyone is well during this pandemic. I am only recognizing Fuzzy and Dartman, but I have not looked at many posts.

I have had Charlie a bit short of 8 years now. He is very active and happy. He loves exploring and chewing....a bit too destructive to the renovations to my home, but he knows I love him anyway. He does not understand why I can't pet him constantly when he is in my home office. Maximus is 8 years old now. He loves sitting at my kitchen island to eat. He chats a bit too much during my work zoom calls. Lots of the positive reinforcement and healthy food I provide them are ideas from the great people on AA like Saroj. They love squash, pomergranate, quinoa, kale, edamame, etc.

I feel so fortunate to have my 2 boys and that they are doing so well. So HELLO and THANK YOU! Not the best photos of them...sorry

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are both handsome boys!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Adorable boys. Glad to see you back.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Glad to see you again. Are the boys getting along OK now? I seem to remember you were having problems with them getting pissy with each other. They both look happy and calm now.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Glad to see you again. Are the boys getting along OK now? I seem to remember you were having problems with them getting pissy with each other. They both look happy and calm now.
Hi Dartman! It is much easier. They are not buddies. They live in the same room but I do my best to keep them apart. There is alot of upset if one gets on the other's cage. But Max no longer is obsessed with constantly seeking to attack. How are you?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Welcome back! I have never met you previously because I've only been here for a year, but your pi's are very cute :loveshower:

@jh81 has two maxi pi's :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hi there! Missed you! So glad the boys are doing great and wonderful to see you again! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Hi there! Missed you! So glad the boys are doing great and wonderful to see you again! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Wonderful to "see" you. I think of you when I stock up on mini pumpkins and pomegranates. I see your cuties when I order from Avian Organics. I look forward to looking at your posts and creative ways of creating such a positive environment.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Hi Dartman! It is much easier. They are not buddies. They live in the same room but I do my best to keep them apart. There is alot of upset if one gets on the other's cage. But Max no longer is obsessed with constantly seeking to attack. How are you?
I'm doing OK. Neon died so I got a new car to me and been working a few days or more a week and unemployment is getting the slack. Dobby is happy and still loves my sister :xflove: Everybody in the family seems to be fine so far and mom and sister go to visit lil sister in their new house across the river in Washington about once a week. She actually sold me her 06 Charger RT cheap so driving that now, there's a thread or two about what happened with the cars here.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I'm doing OK. Neon died so I got a new car to me and been working a few days or more a week and unemployment is getting the slack. Dobby is happy and still loves my sister :xflove: Everybody in the family seems to be fine so far and mom and sister go to visit lil sister in their new house across the river in Washington about once a week. She actually sold me her 06 Charger RT cheap so driving that now, there's a thread or two about what happened with the cars here.
Your Pis always love your sister. I am glad Dobby is happy.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wonderful to "see" you. I think of you when I stock up on mini pumpkins and pomegranates. I see your cuties when I order from Avian Organics. I look forward to looking at your posts and creative ways of creating such a positive environment.
Awww thank you! I grew mini pumpkins this summer and after harvesting about 10 the caterpillars attacked the plants and that was it. inspired by a new member @Destiny and her awesome parakeet aviary I’m in the process of adding greenery to the flying room.

49D0868F-3F75-43F6-A153-6271C08F0F24.jpeg

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Awww thank you! I grew mini pumpkins this summer and after harvesting about 10 the caterpillars attacked the plants and that was it. inspired by a new member @Destiny and her awesome parakeet aviary I’m in the process of adding greenery to the flying room.

View attachment 350341
This plant's pot makes it look like a pineapple :rofl:

Screenshot_20200816-131023.jpg

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I love White Capped pionus! :loveshower:
Thanks. He is a bit bossy, but he is also very affectionate with me. Maximus (white cap) is a one person bird. My sitter could not believe seeing him cradled in my hand given he hardly wants to interact with her. She didn't know he was friendly and affectionate. Charlie (maximiluan/coral) is a friendly happy go lucky bird with the sitter. Charlie is such a sweetie..