• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from Australia

macca

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Robyn
Hello Everybody, I am the lucky human owned by a Blue Princess Parrot, named Snodger,a Rainbow Lorikeet, named Lozzie, a Galah, named Goo, a Sun Conure, named Starvin Marvin and a Cockatiel named Polly. We have a house full of pets including 8 fish tanks filled with our native fish, Crimson Spot Rainbows, which we are lucky to be able to get from our creeks. We could not possibly live without our pets and have instilled the same ideas in our daughters.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Welcome to the site. You have quite the beautiful bird family there. Please feel free to post some pics when you get a chance.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Welcome Robyn! :greet15: Starvin Marvin and Goo crack me up! What great names. :laugh: How did you come up with "Snodger"? :)

I had to lookup your fish. So pretty! :wideyed: I'm always amazed at the beautiful and diverse creatures y'all Australians have in their backyards!

Shriya

Meeting neighbors
Welcome to the site. Such beautiful pets you have. Do post some pictures when you get time. :)

macca

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Robyn
Hi Faislaq, The word Snodger is Australian slang for something that is really great and our little blue princess really is great. I was a wild life carer for native birds for 15 years and the galah came in as an abused bird, my husband used to ask what was happening with the goolah and she just repeated it and she got stuck with it. Starvin Marvin also came in as an abused bird and was absolutely starving and ate non stop for at least 2 hours so that name just seemed appropriate. These birds have flourished since they arrived here with us and have become a huge part of our lives so much so that my husband has had to build numerous new aviaries and because we get snakes where we live they all come inside our house at night in their cages. I leave the cages in their aviaries during the day and when it starts getting dark they all get in their cages for me. Most people do not realise how smart birds are. Glad you like their names, there is a story behind each one.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Welcome Robyn!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The word Snodger is Australian slang for something that is really great
Such wonderful stories! I think you and your husband qualify as snodgers yourselves. ;) (Hope I used that right! )

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! (And we like pictures. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Welcome to the Avenue, Robyn! :meet:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Welcome to AA! I joined a little over a year ago and could not live without this site. There are so many caring and knowledgeable parronts here. Welcome! I know you will love it! I am also jealous of all the beautiful creatures Australians have to enjoy!
:starshower1:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Image00004_20190106012754320.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:swoon: Love this picture so much. :swoon: Sweet Zaners with a hibiscus flower. Best welcome on the Avenue.
Awww thankyou!!:swoon: :heart::swoon:I really love that picture too!!:loveshower:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Hi Faislaq, The word Snodger is Australian slang for something that is really great and our little blue princess really is great. I was a wild life carer for native birds for 15 years and the galah came in as an abused bird, my husband used to ask what was happening with the goolah and she just repeated it and she got stuck with it. Starvin Marvin also came in as an abused bird and was absolutely starving and ate non stop for at least 2 hours so that name just seemed appropriate. These birds have flourished since they arrived here with us and have become a huge part of our lives so much so that my husband has had to build numerous new aviaries and because we get snakes where we live they all come inside our house at night in their cages. I leave the cages in their aviaries during the day and when it starts getting dark they all get in their cages for me. Most people do not realise how smart birds are. Glad you like their names, there is a story behind each one.
I agree birds are very smart and sometimes we swear Fred (my Galah in the avatar) can understand us based on how he responds to our words. He's really something. :joyful:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Post some photos of your flock when you get a chance.