• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from another toucan owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Yes, those beaks make them look top heavy but they really are not. People that have held my green and ivory billed aracari always comment on how light weight they feel. That beak is real light weight.

Peggy

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Yes, those beaks make them look top heavy but they really are not. People that have held my green and ivory billed aracari always comment on how light weight they feel. That beak is real light weight.
Yep, very light weight. It's a honeycomb-like structure completely unique among birds now know to serve as a heat dissipation device. Even hornbills don't have the same structure despite their bills can sometimes grow to be bigger.

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
Yep, very light weight. It's a honeycomb-like structure completely unique among birds now know to serve as a heat dissipation device. Even hornbills don't have the same structure despite their bills can sometimes grow to be bigger.
Yeah, and I've heard that hornbills have a much worse bite than toucans too.

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
I'm so glad that toucanets can't bite nearly as hard as most birds their size, otherwise I'm pretty sure my hand would be pretty messed up by this point, they both get pretty into rough housing sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.