• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello everyone first time here can you help

Male or female

• Male

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Female

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tina10

Checking out the neighborhood
My cockatiel is 10 weeks old had him a week is he male or female? he meant to be male Thank you

Attachments

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome..what a little sweetie..with the mutations it is very hard to tell without a dna test or unless they lay eggs of course. very very sweet...also 10 weeks is ver y young so watch out for signs of regression and be prepared to hand feed just in case..make sure he is eating...males are usually more active and vocal than females now is the time to start introducing veggies eggs brown rice to his diet..

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Welcome and ditto to what Anne said. Make sure you take your new baby in for his or her first checkup!

ddy13

Walking the driveway
My experience I have more Love bird girls I guess nature way.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome Tina! Right now it looks like male, but it's too early to be sure. :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
You should know within the next two months. Hens have barred tailfeathers which they regrow with their first adult molt; they also have white or irridescent round marks on the inside of their flight feathers. The cocks will lose their barred tail feathers and never regrow them. Cocks also will start singing for hens and making heartwings right around ten to twelve weeks old. Some start sooner, others later. Both hens and cocks are cuddly if you work at keeping them hand tame; so there really is not that much difference in their behavior once mature.