• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heating Panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
I've heard about heating panels. How do they work? Are they similar to heating rocks used for lizards? Does anyone have any pictures of a heating panel in their cage? Is there any way the wire can get chewed on? How hot does it get? How far from the panel does can the heat be felt from? I'm thinking about getting a few of them. I'm not sure if I should get two or four.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I have two xtra smalls.
Here's the link to a picture.
Avitech Exotic Birds - Supplies, Equipment and Nutritional Supplements for Birds!

They mount on the outside of the cage.
I would advise removing them when the bird is out so the wire isn't chewed on, it is easy. Or you could mount to a wall behind the cage.
I've never measured the temp. You can touch it with your hand. The thought is to mount it so your bird can decide how close or far he wants to be.

jerseybella

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
I have one and love it..I did post pics of it last week or so, but I dont know how to add a link:(

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
The Avitech heat panels work by radiant heat and Howard loves his! Here are some pictures.

It is a Small and is perfect for him.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I got one for my Lovie Zeus and he loves it!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
How durable are these? I would like to get one for Lucy but I think that macaw beak of hers would go straight for it and chew it to pieces through the cage bars.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Logan, they have a deep mount that holds it several inches from the cage. They ship with a regular mount, you have to purchase the deep mount separately.
I only put mine on the cages at night when I hope my Amazons are sleeping and not looking for trouble. As it is, they take no notice of them. They are easy to put on and take off.
A macaw could definitely destroy it if he got his beak on it.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I will have to look into the deep mounts for them. And I would probably only use it at night/early morning but that wouldn't stop her sometimes I hear her moving around in the middle of night so who knows what she would do to it if it was close to her. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.