• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heat

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
it is getting cold and I am looking for the best way to provide heat for the birds I have a old house and the heat comes from the broiler and it streams out of the radiator .. sometimes I can feel the dry ness in my throat so my birds must be feeling it is this s safe way to provide heat ? What is the safest? Quilts ? Heated perches what does everyone do

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What temperature is the room? Parrots can be surprisingly cold-tolerant.

If you're worried about humidity, you can place a bowl of water next to the radiator to let the water evaporate. You can also buy humidifiers but you must be careful not to add anything like essential oils, air fresheners and scents to the water as these can be very dangerous to your birds' sensitive respiratory systems.

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
The room is between 70-74 but it’s the old steam heaters and it has a smell when it comes up I’m not sue what it is people say it’s just the steam ive had my budgies in this room for 6 years no issue but it gets really hot quick then I have to turn it off and I bought a humidity reader and the humidity it’s like 70% so I should get s de humidifier? Right I almost think I’d be better keeping this off and getting if of those even pure space heaters