• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He stayed still...

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
Mali will always nip at everyone and everything the moment he comes out of the cage, flies from place to place, and just can’t seem to enjoy scritches (because he’ll have to stay still!)
Today I had to take him out during my piano practice so I just put him on my shoulder and played the piano. No movements of Mali at all.
Then... my mom showed what she took using her phone camera... 5293E422-1116-42F2-A06F-1DF79892FC88.jpeg

And....
4E57120E-E931-4544-BF8C-C90CC6F5456D.jpeg
What a nice wig...

Do you think that he would benefit from snuggling toys like birdie binky from A Bird Toy? Is that why he nips so much? (Lack of toys)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
He doesn't want to snuggle a "toy". He wants to snuggle you.
Is that why he nips so much? (Lack of toys)
No. He's a parrotlet. That's what they do.

CheckeredTail

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tsushi
Yeah p'lets are just nippy and squrrely by nature in my experience. Mine rarely wanted head scratches, only 1-2 times a day and that was only after several years of getting to know me well. They're only cuddly when they feel like it or are tired haha. But they do tend to enjoy bonding with noise, singing to them or playing the piano was probably something Mali really liked! Mine liked playing with bits of paper the most as toys, he loved to chew things up, he mostly ignored other toys, he just loved running and flying all over the place and chewing up paper towels.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Mali is a cutie pie.