• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He shushed me!

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Whenever Neptune gets a bit too worked up and is flying off the walls, I gently tell him “shhh”. It seems to help calm him down, that and saying la la la la la to him.

Today when I said this, he shushed me back!! :laughin:
He laughed after too! :laughing7:

I couldn’t stop laughing after he did this and I wish I could’ve caught it on video! You all know how it is though, they immediately stop doing the cute thing the second a camera is out. Maybe next time!

Attachments

Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That sweet, innocent birb shushed you? I don’t believe it :lol:
I was thinking the same thing! Surely there most be some mistake. ;) That angelic face could never be sassy. :angelic:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Neptune is an adorable cheeky. Or should I say adorably cheeky.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Gotta be careful what you say to them or you could end up like a friend of mine. She has a Gray and after months of asking him now he ask her (and everybody) "Gotta Poop?"

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Neptune is an adorable cheeky. Or should I say adorably cheeky.
He’s such a clown!! It seems like he learns something new everyday!

Yesterday, I asked Jesse if he wanted to go see Daddy. And Jesse said, "Daddy". Only took 2 years. ☺
That’s so sweet!! I’ve been trying to get Neptune to start talking too, and it seems like he’s trying. I sometimes sit and say hi for 30 minutes straight before bed hoping it’ll stick with him. He always practices in his little hut for about an hour before going to sleep. It’s incredibly cute!

I finally got a recording of Neptune shushing!

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Now Hope says "window". I ask them if they want to look out the window. Waiting to hear someone say "potty spot". Every morning when I take them out of their nighttime cage, I tell them we are going to the potty spot. And usually they go potty for me at the potty spot. Gosh, I love my babies!