• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video He is foraging!!

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Since he has not screamed for his seed for a whole week, i have not offered any. I have been showing him millet and he will watch while I wrap it in newspaper and place it in different areas. This morning he was looking in his "spots" for some snacks, so i grabbed the seed bin and put some in his finger trap and he actually worked for it!

Roma foraging!:

Breaking the seed addiction is the best thing that could have happened for him!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
:heart: thanks for sharing

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Good job, Roma! I get so excited when Noodle figures out a foraging trick, but I need to get some more difficult ones because he is outsmarting everything including me :p

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Good job, Roma! :)

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Good job, Roma! I get so excited when Noodle figures out a foraging trick, but I need to get some more difficult ones because he is outsmarting everything including me :p
I know how you feel! It is so hard teaching a bird how to be a bird! :lol: I am hoping Roma gets to that point eventually. There was paper stuffed in the top of the trap, but that was very quickly ripped out and destruction of the trap begun while I grabbed my phone. Just so excited that we are making progress with normal birdie behavior. He is such a different bird than what i brought home in April and i am so proud of him and grateful for all of the inspiration everyone on AA has given to help!

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Great job Roma! I love to see our fids foraging it must make them happy to seek out the treat hiding in an obstacle it makes their lives feel so more fulfilled and natural. :)

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Awwwe :heart: Roma is great!

I feel like Rainbow always one-ups me in terms of foraging, she is bizarrely good at getting food :lol:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Great job---breaking the seed addiction will add years to his life. :dance4:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Way to go Roma!

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Great job, that is wonderful! I remember how proud I was to get Pancha off seed too, and now her feathers just look so much healthier and shinier. Much less waste too, seeds have very little amount of food compared to shells. Now Pancha gets a Nutriberry a day.

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Great job, that is wonderful! I remember how proud I was to get Pancha off seed too, and now her feathers just look so much healthier and shinier. Much less waste too, seeds have very little amount of food compared to shells. Now Pancha gets a Nutriberry a day.
Thanks! Roma will not eat Nutriberries. At least not the regular ones. I want to try some of the other flavors with him. Next visit with the vet, I am getting him a couple of the other flavors. She keeps them in the exam rooms for treats. :)

QBird

Jogging around the block
He's doing so well, seems very intent on the task at hand :)