• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

have mentioned this before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I t hink one of the mods or admins should monitor every single post and comment on every one...at least one comment per post..there are times I noticed that some posts have no comments at all after a couple of days and even if you dont have an answer, at least a comment..I realize this is a fast moving board and lots of members now, but also feel that everyone deserves an answer. plus it would encourage the person to stick around.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There are several that do a great job at this but we all get busy too. Its something I feel we should all try to pay attention as a community, mods, supers, admins and members. There are so many threads to keep up with and thats a lot to ask of just a few people. It takes a community :D

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
There are several that do a great job at this but we all get busy too. Its something I feel we should all try to pay attention as a community, mods, supers, admins and members. There are so many threads to keep up with and thats a lot to ask of just a few people. It takes a community :D

I agree, Jill! Us Mods, SMods and Admins are volunteers... We are here to make sure there are no problems and everything runs smoothly. I have a family, job and my own flock to take care of, like everyone else on the board.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Yes Jill you are probably right! It 'takes a community'.
I rarely comment if I see someone has a bunch of replies, if everyone is saying the same thing, just different word. 'Cute, Beautiful, etc.'
But I try to comment on other things as much as possible! Especially when I notice someone new.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I will definitely try to do that more, but I get very busy too...I work, have after school activities that I supervise, grading papers and planning when i get home, and come home to my own flock of 12 and two dogs, one which is elderly and in need of a lot of care...very tough to keep up with everything, but I will try to do better:)

If every member here put a little more effort into it, then I think it would be so much better:)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I know that I have been very bad about posting/replying:o: I like everyone else have My Reasons,But I will try to do Better:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
An easy trick to find threads that need replies is to go to the advanced search and then under the search options, flip the first menu bar from "at least"to "at most" and enter 0 or whatever number you wish. It will bring up threads that havent had replies. :)

I will try to do my part too :highfive:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
An easy trick to find threads that need replies is to go to the advanced search and then under the search options, flip the first menu bar from "at least"to "at most" and enter 0 or whatever number you wish. It will bring up threads that havent had replies. :)

Didn't know that and I WILL DO BETTER ALSO!!!!
THANK YOU ALL!
Maybe that is also how members can UP their posting counts IF they want to.:D
It a NEIGHBORHOOD, we ALL are part of it:highfive::hug8:

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I think posters have a lot of responsibilities on this too. There's nothing wrong with bumping a post back up to give more people a chance to see it...they might have missed it the first time because they were busy and by the time they went to check out new posts, there were 20 pages of them. I think it's also important not to take everything too personally on public forums. There can be a billion reasons someone didn't answer one of my posts, none of which may have anything to do with me. I can't leave with hurt feelings because I was new and everyone didn't jump for me.

I personally feel the mods, admins, super mods, etc. do a great job here. I'm not trying to slam the idea. I'm not saying we can't all do better, and I can try to make more efforts too. I'm just saying we can't always expect others to do more. Sometimes we have to take the initiative, if we want to make new friends and build relationships.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I agree,,,it does take a community and I vow to try harder to answer posts..

Kolkri

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
I only have a couple areas I try to keep up on. This place is very overwelming and I keep having to leave to keep my sanity when I try to click new post every day. LOL
So I stick to just a few of the places I feel I can help in and have something worth saying. But even then I don't post a lot.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

I just did this and replied to some unanswered threads. Didn't want to go back too far though so only did some. ;)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I have been a little MIA lately as the work load here at work has increased and I have had less time to get on during work hours. Tony has been using the lap top for school work in the evenings. I haven't been on as much as I would like lately but I am trying to go through and reply to posts now :) Sorry to any that got missed.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Think you all do a marvellous Job and put a lot of other sites to shame. Do not think it a bad idea to keep an eye on the ball though, so to speak and make improvements where they can be appreciated. My hat goes off to you all though for running such a successful project and keeping it so popular. That takes time and effort itself in my book.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.