• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has anyone read these cake books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I have read the second one, and it was cute, But i don't find it's anything THAT mind-blowing that you can't get from just reading the forums, and reading up about Caiques online.
But they are nice to have regardless :)

I haven't read the first one, but he used to have a website that had most of the info, before he took it down when he published the book.
I actually really hope to have it added to my collection, but on amazon.ca it says its out of stock! Plus it's a bit expensive for my current budget :)

Congrats on your new edition btw! Can't wait to see pics!

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I have read the second one, and it was cute, But i don't find it's anything THAT mind-blowing that you can't get from just reading the forums, and reading up about Caiques online.
But they are nice to have regardless :)

I haven't read the first one, but he used to have a website that had most of the info, before he took it down when he published the book.
I actually really hope to have it added to my collection, but on amazon.ca it says its out of stock! Plus it's a bit expensive for my current budget :)

Congrats on your new edition btw! Can't wait to see pics!
THANKS :D I didn't even get a chance to know the little fella very well because when I got home last night it was dark already so I hung his snuggle hut & old toys in the cage I had set up for him & let him go to sleep. His previous owner said they always let him go to sleep at dark, which is what I also let my birds do because it is only natural. Wow, the caique vocalizations are something different to me! Not like a macaw or conure...kind of like a fire alarm low battery beep...?? He was sounding off in the car on the way home & for the first half hour after I placed him in his cage. Probably just wondering where he is & where his previous owner went. He'll settle in, I'll see to it :) Not gonna put the camera in his face until this weekend, most likely, but he really is a beautiful little guy! Also, I need to get a bit of blood for his dna test. I MUST know the sex of my birdie buddies :cool1:

I collect animal, parrot, nature, etc books so I had to add these two.

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I know they make the weirdest noises eh?
Douglas imitates the microwave beep, and sometimes my sister mistakes him for the fire alarm! LOL.
They are great imitators, and LOVE to whistle. They have a terribly annoying alarm call though LOL, but it's not too bad!
Caiques are really fantastic birds.

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
I haven't read either - back when we got Rosco, there wasn't as much information then as there is now. All I had was hands-on experience and The Baron's Caique Book :)

Status
Not open for further replies.