• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has anyone Clicker trained their Eclectus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
Just wondering? i would like a bird that i can work with and train to do some fun stuff....i am all about training...all my dogs have been through basic and advanced obedience and have their CGC certs(canine good citizen) and they are currently enrolled in agility:o:...i love doing training with any animal that will allow it, it just makes the bond that much better...any one with experience in this? if so tips/suggestions? thanks in advance for your time/suggestions :D

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing I hope others will as well:hug8:

2Birds3Kids

Walking the driveway
I have two rescue ekkies and I haven't found a treat they are excited enough to go for to facilitate the clicker training. The clicker scares them so I just use Good Boy and Good Girl. I hope they will be more open to training after they've been with us longer.

all4stvoyager

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
have you tried sunflower seeds? little slivered almonds, tiny pieces of walnut, etc? half a pinenut works for me.

also for the sound you could try a kissing sound, or click your tongue (might be better since you'll prob kiss when you don't have training). Also, the lid to a snapple drink makes a gentle click sound whn you push on the middle.

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
We do clicker training with Howard. It took forever to find a training treat he'd work for. I finally ran across dried sprouted mung beans in the bulk food section at Whole Foods.

Status
Not open for further replies.