1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harry the Eclectus

Discussion in 'Eclectus Alley' started by Keeks315, 5/28/19.

1. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Natalie
    That is so sweet :)

EkkieLu likes this.
  2. Peppercorn

Peppercorn Moving in

Thanks!
    yea I was told that when I first bought my first Parrot but I've since been told that that info was wrong. You know how it goes... he says she says...

I've never given Avocado to my birds just in case.

EkkieLu likes this.
  3. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Rollerblading along the road Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Roz
    :welcome2: to you and Harry! OMG - I'm so sorry Harry broke his leg. Hoping it heals fast and well.

Re his arthritis: See if Harry likes walnuts too as they are rich in Omega 3 oils which are good for inflammation. You can also sprinkle freshly ground flaxseed over his food (especially rich in Omega 3). Turmeric might also help since it is a natural anti-inflammatory. Someone here recommended this product which contains the curcumin without the taste: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Q7MU0S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have an elderly Amazon with arthritis. I keep him in his large cage but have made a padded platform for him. It's wood slats covered with non toxic upholstery foam, a towel and then dog pee pads which are easy to throw in the washing machine. Sometimes I add kitchen paper on top to absorb most of the poops.

[​IMG]

fashionfobie, Mimisbestie and EkkieLu like this.
  4. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Tricia
    I am trying some of Wayleys Dailies fruit and veggie style mashes for my crew. I know Newt and Angel will love them, but i'll have to wait and see what Sergei and Lucy think of them. I'm pretty sure Sergei will enjoy them but Lucy is basically a Fresh Fruit Only kind of gal. I want to try and mix more veggies into her diet and the Wayleys just may be the solution I've been looking for!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)