• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harris, Helen, and Haymitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I ended up getting three hermit crabs instead of one, so please meet Harris, Helen, and Haymitch!

Here is Haymitch! This little dude is so active, he wouldn't stop walking so I could take a picture! hehe! I have no idea what's on his shell. Is it a cat? Missing an ear?

This is Harris. He's only been out of his shell to crawl around a couple times, but is really sweet. He has Flounder the fish from the little Mermaid on his shell!

And Helen! She seems to be in love with one of my sister's crabs..... lol! She is very shy, she will come out of her shell to move around, but goes right back in if a human comes near her. See what's on her shell? A parrot! It kinda looks like an indian ringneck........ (In person, the colors are darker in the picture.)

And here are my little sister's crabs!

This is Scooby/Kermit (Sis isn't sure yet) He is so active! He was being mean while I was taking pictures, he wouldn't come out of his shell! He has Scooby Doo on it (His shell).

This is Shelly, she is very, very, very shy! We thought she was dead at first, but then she came out of her shell. She went right back in it, though. lol. She has a bumble bee on her shell.

I'll get better pictures later!!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Congratulations on your new additions.. :) They sure are little cuties.. :swoon: I never had a hermit crab but I have always been fascinated by them. :)

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
There they are, multiplied :p Congrats they're very cute :heart:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Hermit crabs are cute! I look forward to more photos :)

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Aw! They are so cute! I love the awesome shells. :D

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank you!:)

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Aww!
I crab-sat a pair of hermit crabs for a few weeks once . . . Strawberry and Speedy.
Goodness those little critters are high-maintenance! :o: I would not want one, but I do think they're cute. :heart:

Congrats on your new additions, Maddy. And Harris, Helen, Haymitch, welcome to the Avenue. :D

paperdragon

Rollerblading along the road
Congrats! Hermit crabs are fascinating little guys, aren't they?

You might want to consider offering them some natural shells, those painted ones are actually toxic. Ooh, and check out Crab Street Journal: The first land hermit crab magazine online and in print : The Crab Street Journal lots of really awesome info there. I spent hours on that site before I got my guys. Oh yeah, there's a great care sheet here too: Care Sheet: Land Hermit Crabs - UltimateBettas it gives the actual amount of ocean salt per gallon in teaspoons rather than having to use a hydrometer to gauge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.