• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harness for Boo the Goffins Too

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
ok, so we got the trailer! YAY! Will be using the "spare" cage for the tiels, no issues there. They are pretty good, I can take them around the house and outside with no issues.
Mr Boo however, is a too, through and through. I would like to harness train him. (on top of a trailer cage)
What brand should I use? Any specific websites I can refer to for training? Any tips that we might follow?
Thank you
Chantal

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I like the Fred Bird Feather Teather. I heard it was a little easier to put on than the Aviator. I only got as far as putting it over Romeo's head, however.:( I just took it real slow and gave a lot of treats. It took several months for me to get it over his head, but he's the kind of bird who is really afraid of everything. I could never get the body part on, because he would just get too nervous. I started by just holding it near him, saying good, then giving a treat. I slowly worked up to saying,"Time to put on your harness," putting it over his head, laying the back part on him, leaving it for a few seconds, saying "good", and then giving a treat. There were a lot of baby steps between these two steps of course.

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
We are slowly wallowing through harness acceptance with popper and rio. Moving slow and it's going ok. My goal is that he puts his head through himself!!

Raa

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kirra
I found the aviator to be really good. I had tried one of the ones with lots of clips before it. Echo accepted it easily, but she is young.